Gardner Fish and Gun Club

Anybody a member at Gardner Fish and Gun? I want some insider info, specifically if there are any "special" rules on the pistol range. For example I remember reading about a range that mandated 2 seconds between each shot fired. I don't want to deal with that kind of bs. Thanks. I did try the search function first btw.

Never been there. I've heard similar things, but no personal experience.

I can recommend:
Gardner Rifle and Pistol - In the basement of the town hall. Indoor range only. No jacketted ammo, no magnums, but 24/7 access at a reasonalbe price. I let my membership lapse and need to renew.
Winchendon R&G - Nice range, good price, no BS rules. Just watch out for the 4 wheelers crossing the range.
Westminster R&G - I've heard really good things about this club. Never shot there.

plus 1 for Woodsman and Winchendon. Contact Mr Twigg if you are interested in Woodsman. They have a nice indoor pistol range, but a shorter outdoor range. Winchendon is nicely isolated (no one complaining about lotsa mag dumps) and you have the ability to shoot much longer rifle range there. Membership is easy at Winchendon. Stop there when the bar is open at the club house (most any time after noon) and tell the bartender you want to join. Last I remember it was 35 bucks, that may have gone up since I left the area. He'll give you a membership card on thespot and you are good to go.
I grew up in Gardner, but never shot there. Always got the impression that the club was more about drinking and story telling than actual shooting. Maybe someone here knows more than I do. Buteither of the above choices will be good for you
Gunner

Winchendon is now $50, and the bar hours have been severely cut... I *think* it's open Wed, Thurs, and Friday after 5pm.....

Back
Top Bottom