Gangbanger tells it like it is:

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/910802.html

"Buy a gun," a member of a recently busted inner-city gang told The Buffalo News last week when asked what could be done to curtail homicides. "Hey, I'm just being honest. You asked."

Other quotes from the article that stand out to me:
Police officials don't agree with his advice to take up a gun, but they do say his description of most local gangs is accurate.

And my favorite (emphasis mine):
"These kids are out here fighting for drugs and to secure a territory. We are reactive to those incidents," a district police official said in explaining that it is next to impossible to predict and prevent this type of violence.

So Officer Friendly, you freely admit that you are 'reactive' instead of 'proactive' to this kind of violent crime (which I have no problem with, because you really *can't* predict it), but you (or at least the officials behind you) don't agree with law-abiding citizens arming themselves?

Last edited:
Twice the victim of gunfire — a fact a street cop confirmed — the young man said he views self-protection as the best means of avoiding death on the streets.

What an epiphany. Here's a photo of the "street cop" and the "young man"

top-cat_L06.jpg

I've been to Buffalo several times in the past few years, some of the suburban neighborhoods which were probably beautiful 40 years ago, every other house was burned out, entire blocks were uninhabited. It was pretty sad to see an area that was once pretty nice and now just trashed.

The only problem is that these disorganized gangs sometimes hit their targets with deadly accuracy.

How do you sometimes hit with deadly accuracy. If you are deadly accurate doesn't that imply you are a great shooter.

How do you sometimes hit with deadly accuracy. If you are deadly accurate doesn't that imply you are a great shooter.

in the technical sense, that was statement is correct.

Accuracy referes to the difference between point of aim and point of impact (or in measurement terms, the the differences between actual value and measured value)

Precision referes to the difference between multiple shots (or multiple measurements)

If you fire 5 shots in a tight group high and left, you have precision without accuracy

If you fire 5 shots in a loose group about the bullseye, you have accuracy without precision

In that sense, even if you spray a 2 foot group across the page at 25', if one of them hit the bullseye, that single shot was "accuracy"

"Buy a gun," a member of a recently busted inner-city gang told The Buffalo News last week when asked what could be done to curtail homicides. "Hey, I'm just being honest. You asked."

Maybe he just recently finished John Lott's More Guns Less Crime?

Back
Top Bottom