• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fundraising Shoot in Wrentham - pictures added

Hi everybody,
My friends from Wrentham gun club agreed to host a fundraising shoot to benefit my small veterinary project in Nicaragua. Everybody is invited, as long as you are already familiar with gun safety. The Club address is: 7 Madison Street, Wrentham; right at the intersection of 495 and 1 on the Plainville/Wrentham line. The shoot will be held on Saturday, August 13th, at 1PM. Weapons: 0.22 rifle only. Targets: various paper targets. Entrance fee is $20.00. Winners will get their prizes! [smile]
All the money raised will be used toward providing basic veterinary care for dogs, cats, and horses in impovereshed areas of Nicaragua. Donations are more than welcome!
Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Hmmm I may be able to make that... Just built up my liberty rifle so it will need the range time :) will have to keep it on my schedule

Here are some pictures of what we do there:

PICT1636.jpg

This horse was successfully treated for a sinus infection

PICT1660.jpg

A semi-stray dog with a severe eye infection. She came to the clinic herself, and was treated, spayed and finally adopted by the vet.

PICT1789.jpg

A dog with a possible tick-born disease. His owner is a school teacher and she can't afford vet services, although cares for her dogs.

PICT1825.jpg

This dog had pyometra. She would be dead soon if we didn't happened to be in this village this day.

PICT1868.jpg

33 family pets were examined, given anti-parasitic medications, and treated for minor problems during the Free Clinic event in Leon.

I know that many people may say that charity starts at home. But, I already do what I can to help animals here in our country. Animals in Nicaragua suffer just as much as animals in the United States, and they have much less chances to be treated or even humanely euthanized. Please help us to help them. God bless you.

I can't make it there but I will gladly send a donation. Do you have a PayPal or other means to send a donation?

Back
Top Bottom