Foxboro IDPA?

If you are a member, please make time to come by the BOD meeting on this Tuesday night @ 730pm

not really looking for 'voices' at this meeting, but we could REALLY use more of a 'headcount' that the BOD can visually see

I want to show them we can and are respectful of other shooting disciplines & appreciate their opinions and concerns
Sorry wifes bday tomorrow I'll be busy in the evening, let me know if there's future meetings etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Meeting was positive, atleast no one said "hell no".

I provided them an outline, and they had some great initial questions. They would like to review the hand out provided and prepare their questions for the next board meeting

baby steps

The next BOD meeting is in 2 weeks, it will be interesting to hear the questions and concerns they may have

Looking forward to it

Last nights Board meeting was beneficial

They voted for not continuing dialogue regarding a IDPA program, with good reason:

1) a number of people reached out to me with interest, but none attended the meeting: it is arguably tough for them to agree on moving forward with consideration, if I'm the only one showing interest

2) there have been a number of investments the club has made in the past on other programs where the originator has discontinued their interest and the club is left holding the investment with no one else willing to take it up

There was still no one saying 'no', if fact they were all exceptionally respectful and supportive.

It was explained that if we wanted to try something small like a pin shoot or a bullseye competition/league, this would help draw and guage interest so they could make a better decision on moving forward in the near or distant future

Really, who could blame them, I'm essentially the 'new guy' by myself asking for the start of a considerable investment. I thought It was nice, however, that they elaborated to say that if there was twenty plus people there with me at the meeting they would be having a different conversation and moving forward with more consideration - that's always good to hear!

If you're reading this and still interested in something in the future, keep in touch with me & I'll keep you posted

- chris

Cheers to you for putting in the effort.

Perhaps you should organize a pin or plate shoot? These are much easier to plan, setup and manage than an IDPA match.

I'd recommend a plate shoot rather than a pin shoot. Pins introduce random ricochets which = trouble.

The fix was in on this meeting. The club leadership is taking advantage of your enthusiasm and sincerity. They have/had no intention of continuing any dialogue. Foxboro had a successful and active action shooting program with well more than 20 regular competitors at every match and the leadership of the club shut it down. Sorry to be negative but I've been there and done that - and I ain't doing it again. Find a currently active action shooting program (Hopkinton, Harvard, Worcester) and offer to help them out. It'll be far more fun, you'll meet like minded people, and you'll actually enjoy your recreation time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was at Holbrook on Saturday and they appear on the verge of beginning an action program. They are planning to run steel challenge to pave the way to a uspsa program.

Back
Top Bottom