FN Browning Hi Power

Hey NES'ers,

looking for for some additional information on a firearm owned by a good friend of mine. Recently we were talking about my passion for shooting and firearms and he mentioned he had "an old pistol in my basement." I told him it's probably a good idea to have it looked at and stored safely and he told me he's interested in selling it.

i have here an FN Browning Hi Power that was a carry home from WWII. My friend says his father brought it back along with many other historical artifacts. I don't know much about the hi power but the gun seems to be very clean. I'm going to break it down and lube it up to protect it.

Anybody have any any more information on the gun I can pass along to its owner and an approx value? It does have an original leather holster with it as well. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Need more and clearer pics; is there a waffenamt anywhere? S/N? Not sure you know this, but the Germans used the captured FN factory to make pistols for themselves during the war; if this one isn't so marked, then it's preoccupation. Likely prewar.

Or its postwar and the guy's story is fanciful; wouldn't be the first time, often innocently.

WaA code should be 140, made 1941-44. Do a google search to find out what the marking looks like if you don't already know.

We do need clear pics of all the marks.

But there is enough information from the serial number to determine that it is a late November or early December 1943 production. It is a sub-set of the fixed rear sight WaA140 stamped pistol under German occupation. The rough machine finish and wooden grips are correct.

It's perfect just the way it is. Pistols like these should be kept exactly as found. Refinishing will kill the value.

It is well known that the Belgians purposefully sabotaged the metallurgy on some of the occupation pistols, and they should not be considered as firing specimens.

With a correct mag and a proper holster, it's a $1,000 to $1,200 (or more) pistol.

Thanks so much NES'ers for the responses. Sorry for the crappy photos, I will try to take more tonight. martin08, you are dead-on with the research I have been conducting. It does have the WaA140 stamp on it as well as the eagle/swastika. It does have a correct mag and as far as I can tell a correct holster. Thanks again for the all the info! The owner will be very happy to hear its value

Back
Top Bottom