Flying Pig Shoot at Southborough Rod & Gun Club

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Southborough Rod & Gun Club will be holding its annual Pig Roast, and prior to that, we'll be holding our Flying Pig shoot, Sunday August 26. starting at 10 AM.

The general format is 15 "pigs" (non-orange targets) out of each case of birds, thrown randomly, so that everyone has a chance to win.

All rounds will be at Member's price, +$5. each full squad will have a winner ($20 prize, cost of a Pig Roast Ticket); and a runner-up, who gets a jar of applesauce. [laugh]

Depending on turnout, and interest, there may be other games as well.

At Noon, we will hold the Big Pig shootoff - 22 yards handicap, and "poaching" Pigs will be permitted. This is a LOT of fun!

Afterwards....eat!

See you at the Top of the Hill....and bring a friend and an appetite!

Meh.

We have awesome shoots all year 'round!

The next event will be the New Year's Hangover Blast. Jan 1, at the Crack of Noon. There will be games, food, and fun.

There will be prizes for the first 25 and the longest run of the day.

Then, in February, the Heartbreaker Shoot

In March and April we're having events, too, and in May we're having a Cinco de Mayo shoot, with a Chili cookoff.

You get the idea.

[laugh]

Generally we have one "special" shoot each month.

The entire year's calendar is not yet online, but check out www.srgclub.com for more info.

See you at the Top of the Hill.....and bring a friend!

The next event will be the New Year's Hangover Blast. Jan 1, at the Crack of Noon. There will be games, food, and fun.

It was good talking to you and your son tonight. Can you please tell me what the events will be? Also should I RSVP if I plan on coming?

JRob - great talking to you, too.

The Club's webstie has not yet been updated with the 2013 events, but the next shotgun event is the Hangover blast, on new year's day.

There is a rifle, and a pistol event in january, too, though I don't have the info as hand at the moment. You need not RSVP, though if you wish to attend an event, but don't have the "right" equipment (e.g. a Garand shoot) an email to the appropriate committee chairman can't hurt.

With the exception of the Club Rife and Club All-around, guests are welcome.

Trap evnets are generally "come on down!", though getting there near the start is advised, as it's "first come, first squadded".

Have a good Xmas, and winter shooting season.....

Back
Top Bottom