• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Students reporting alarming Snapchat messages may have thwarted mass shooting, police say

Reptile

NES Member
Police in Florida say two students at a Daytona Beach university may have thwarted a mass shooting by reporting concerning messages shared in a Snapchat group to campus security.

Speaking at a press conference, Daytona Beach Police Department Chief Jakari Young said officers arrested John Hagins, 19, a student at the private Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, early Thursday morning over an alleged “plot to shoot up” the campus.

On Friday, a judge ruled Hagins be held without bond, NBC affiliate WESH reported.

Young said Hagins had threatened to carry out at an attack like the deadly 1999 mass shooting at the Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, before students left school for the winter break.

Concerned by messages from Hagins, two of his peers reported their concerns to campus security, who alerted police at around 4:10 a.m.

“It was a Snapchat group message that they were involved in and they were very concerned about what was being relayed in this Snapchat group chat,” Young said.

Police quickly made their way to Hagins’ residence and were able to apprehend him as he left his apartment. The 19-year-old was carrying a collapsible rifle, a magazine and boxes of ammunition in his backpack.

Continues...

I would’ve believed the guy if he said he was going to the range and ended his story with that because that’s exactly what I thought the picture looked like. Might’ve been pushing it by saying he’d “enact a Columbine” afterward.

While I don't normally read daily beast stories, gotta love the followup article at the bottom of the page...

View attachment 550831

You should jump down the rabbit hole sometimes and see how awful some of these people in the knitting community are. They rule over online forums with an iron fist. If you even so much as think that any politician other than a democrat could be a nice person it's instant ban and demands for public apologies. Remember the Salem Witch trials? The knitting community is made up of the very same childish women eager to point fingers looking for 21st century witches/apostates.

And to think, I have been in search of a sewing machine to learn some home economics. Those boards must be run by knitting dropouts.

Police quickly made their way to Hagins’ residence and were able to apprehend him as he left his apartment. The 19-year-old was carrying a collapsible rifle, a magazine and boxes of ammunition in his backpack.
If he was apprehended with a magazine,
how come the photo shows six mags?

Did the big one give birth to the other five?

Be interesting to see what kind of background this kid has.
Was he learning to take off and land,
or only to cruise?

Quick, sue Facebook!

Back
Top Bottom