Fitting Barrel Tuner

Ranger007

NES Member
I need to have a tuner bored and fitted on a barreled action. Its for a 22 LR bench rest project. I am in Mass. Can anyone recommend a reputable smith to tackle the job?

Don't they usually come bored to a certain diameter to somewhat match your barrel, and then have screws to clamp it on?
Your answer is some what yes. Harrel’s, Holeshot and CST to name a few will bore it based on the measurements you give them. My particular tuner is an Ezell and they do not bore them so hence my need for a reputable smith. Its not overly complicated, I do not have the machines to do it. Maybe someday.

Last edited:
I need to have a tuner bored and fitted on a barreled action. Its for a 22 LR bench rest project. I am in Mass. Can anyone recommend a reputable smith to tackle the job?
Anyone who has a lathe?

Pretty much yes. The ID of the tuner if about .727” and it needs to be bored to .953”.
MA is a big place, so I'd just call whoever is local to you. Seems like an easy job that you probably don't need a "wait 10 years for an appointment" gunsmith to handle.

MA is a big place, so I'd just call whoever is local to you. Seems like an easy job that you probably don't need a "wait 10 years for an appointment" gunsmith to handle.
I had a phenomenal builder / accuracy smith but he retired to Guam. Dave Santurri came recommended by quite a few so we shall see.

I had a phenomenal builder / accuracy smith but he retired to Guam. Dave Santurri came recommended by quite a few so we shall see.

I’ve shot one of his 1911 bullseye guns and it was great. You’re in good hands.

What about Harry at Noah’s Motors?

What about Harry at Noah’s Motors?
Well thank for sharing. No idea they were around. I will certainly look into them. Again thank you for sharing.

Well not that he needs any but why not. Very, very fine job to Mr. Dave Santurri at Santurri LTD in N.Attleboro, MA. He came recommended by quite a few. Dave fit the tuner to the barrel absolutely perfect, no play no slop the way it should be. Dropped the job off on Thursday morning and ready for puck up today / Saturday.

My 22 LR bench rest rig is now complete.

1645312810465.jpeg
1645312840324.jpeg

1645312864604.jpeg

Well not that he needs any but why not. Very, very fine job to Mr. Dave Santurri at Santurri LTD in N.Attleboro, MA. He came recommended by quite a few. Dave fit the tuner to the barrel absolutely perfect, no play no slop the way it should be. Dropped the job off on Thursday morning and ready for puck up today / Saturday.

My 22 LR bench rest rig is now complete.

View attachment 579457
View attachment 579458

View attachment 579459
Nice looking piece , sure beats the old “cockring” tuners of the past. Like to see a range report

Back
Top Bottom