first form 1 sent in

413dan

NES Member
so like the title states, first from 1 sent in. can't wait to hear back. was an efile so we'll see how long the turn around is, I've read mostly 4-5 months.

form 1 for sbr ar. if approved, plan to buy an 11.5in barrel. should be fun, i like the fire the 10 inch barrels breath out but i settled on 11.5.

the wait begins. at least its in before any new atf regs.

Use nfatracker.com to see what others are getting for approval times

Did you include a copy of your ltc front and back?

Last edited:
front, not back! damn!!!

edit, just went back in and added the backside of my ltc scan. thanks for the headsup and glad i was able to.

Honestly, I don't remember if it needs to be front and back but it would suck to get rejected 2 months into the process and have to start over.

Honestly, I don't remember if it needs to be front and back but it would suck to get rejected 2 months into the process and have to start over.

I haven't heard of a rejection due to not including a scan of the back, but I suggest including it to be safe. Worst case scenario, they'd ask for it before rejecting your application.

@413dan: Fortunately, you can make a scan and just add it now while your application is pending.

I have a form 1 that has been pending for a little over 3.5 months. I'll let you know when it gets approved so you can gauge the wait time although recent changes to 41p may have made some people panic buy/file, thus increasing the wait time.

I have a form 1 that has been pending for a little over 3.5 months. I'll let you know when it gets approved so you can gauge the wait time although recent changes to 41p may have made some people panic buy/file, thus increasing the wait time.

sounds like we filed about the same time. put mine in the first week of october and am still waiting, hopefully it'll come back soon. not itching to put it together or anything as i already have a title II lower, i just want to get it done and over with and test that velocity trigger that a bunch of people seem to have had problems with.

What's the process for registering/building an SBR? Is it just sending in the completed Form 1 signed by COP and your payment of $200 for tax stamp?

The form asks for info on barrel and overall length. Do you have to commit to your build before sending in the form?

What's the process for registering/building an SBR? Is it just sending in the completed Form 1 signed by COP and your payment of $200 for tax stamp?

The form asks for info on barrel and overall length. Do you have to commit to your build before sending in the form?

You have to commit to a barrel length, but can change it after approval.

A trust would allow you to bypass the COP signature

A trust also allows you to efile which is a faster turnaround time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is estimate the OAL, pick a barrel length, then send them an update email when you actually build it. Seriously how do they expect you to get an accurate OAL without running afoul of the constructive intent bullshit?

Best thing to do is estimate the OAL, pick a barrel length, then send them an update email when you actually build it. Seriously how do they expect you to get an accurate OAL without running afoul of the constructive intent bullshit?

There's no need to update them if you change configurations. You can change the barrel lengths, calibers, etc. at will with no requirement to "update" the Form 1.

If you need the OAL of a specific configuration, there are lots of different specifics listed on the web. You can pretty much google any configuration you want.

FWIW, an AR with a 10.5" barrel and A2 flash hider has an OAL of 29.5". You can work off that.

There's no need to update them if you change configurations. You can change the barrel lengths, calibers, etc. at will with no requirement to "update" the Form 1.

If you need the OAL of a specific configuration, there are lots of different specifics listed on the web. You can pretty much google any configuration you want.

FWIW, an AR with a 10.5" barrel and A2 flash hider has an OAL of 29.5". You can work off that.

Yes and no.
If your estimate is incorrect and then you submit a form 20 with the actual length instead of the estimated form 1 length ... They will kick it back.

If your form 20 matches the form 1 then no one will be the wiser and Scott is correct. There is some consternation that not having that "registered configuration" will get you in trouble but very little to back it up. Most people will tell you that giving the the ATF the accurate info is the best course of action if you no longer have that "registered configuration" available. Of course there is no black letter law to back up either position.

Back
Top Bottom