Firearm safety tips... from "The Onion"

From what I can tell this is a huge anti gun organization. I viewed a video on the site and it was obscene to gun owners to say the least. I'm not going to post the link because children were used to further political purposes. Nothing but trash at the onion.

Pretty sub-par for the Onion.

Radioman, the Onion isn't an anti-gun organization, although they do end up with a decent amount of anti-gun stuff on there. It's complete satire. Nothing on the site is real. They're about making fun of people. I just did some quick surfing and found articles entitled "walletless Biden found handcuffed to bedpost," "Haiti makes bid for 2216 Olympics," and "Socialites without borders teach Rwandans how to mingle."

Anyone who is convinced to be anti-gun by the Onion is someone I don't want on my side of anything.

I thought this one was funny, for some reason

+1.... that was the only funny one to me [grin]

And yes, The Onion is 100% satire. Nothing on there is real. Almost everything they concoct these days is pure hilarity.

This one wasn't that funny, but the Onion, for the most part, is the funniest satire website in existence, by far. To each his own. [grin]

It's really horrible, but the only one I LOL'ed at was this one.

"Shoot a puppy at point-blank range to illustrate to your children the seriousness of guns."

Am I a bad person?

If you are, then so am I. I LOL'ed a little at that one too, and was reminded of The Boondock Saints.

From what I can tell this is a huge anti gun organization.
The onion insults everyone at one point or the other...

They've mocked gun owners. They've mocked anti-gun people...

On balance, like any entertainment, they tend towards the liberal anti-gun view, but they are certainly not exclusive toward.

I dig the Onion. If anything, I think they take a Libertarian perspective, but they won't hesitate to mock stupidity on either side of the divide.

This was by no means their best work, but I did enjoy:

Don't leave bullets on the floor where you can slip on them. That's the real killer.

I dig the Onion. If anything, I think they take a Libertarian perspective, but they won't hesitate to mock stupidity on either side of the divide.

Pretty much.

I have a few relatives that work there and while not exactly big gun fans, they are all believers in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom