Fingerprints for NR Permits

Where do you get fingerprinted for NR permits? I am applying for my CT permit would the MA state police do it or the local PD?

Thanks,
Taz

YES! Any LE agency in MA will do the prints for you. And as a bonus, I don't know of any MA LE agency that charges people for taking prints (it is common to pay for it in other states).

LenS said:
YES! Any LE agency in MA will do the prints for you. And as a bonus, I don't know of any MA LE agency that charges people for taking prints (it is common to pay for it in other states).

Medford PD does. $5.00

I don't want to go to off topic here, but who takes the money for that kind of stuff and where does it go?

Where can the residents find the info on how much was collected and what is was spent on?

Can you request a receipt?

BJ, all monies collected by a town are supposed to go into the general fund and are accounted for by the Town Treasurer. Annually the state comes in and audits the books for each town. NOTHING is checked to see if the fees charged are legal or not, just that money coming in and going out is accounted for.

This all assumes that ONLY CHECKS are collected by gov't bodies. It is a bad practice to collect cash as accountability (and the cash) can become "lost". Some towns may still collect cash, but they are leaving themselves wide open to a major investigation if someone squeaks to the right people in the state house.

LenS said:
BJ, all monies collected by a town are supposed to go into the general fund and are accounted for by the Town Treasurer. Annually the state comes in and audits the books for each town. NOTHING is checked to see if the fees charged are legal or not, just that money coming in and going out is accounted for.

This all assumes that ONLY CHECKS are collected by gov't bodies. It is a bad practice to collect cash as accountability (and the cash) can become "lost". Some towns may still collect cash, but they are leaving themselves wide open to a major investigation if someone squeaks to the right people in the state house.

That's interesting. Here in my county in NY, when applying for a pistol permit, the Sheriffs office sends you out to get TWO separate postal money orders, at least one of which gets forwarded to the FBI to pay for their fingerprint processing fee.

What's interesting is that the money in my wallet is all marked "Legal Tender For All Debts, Public and Private".

I'm pretty sure it's actually a Federal CRIME to refuse to accept American money.

Ah, well, you'd have to be a REAL idiot to make a stink about something like that while applying for a pistol license that they don't HAVE to give you . . .

Regards
John

taz-2005 said:
Where do you get fingerprinted for NR permits? I am applying for my CT permit would the MA state police do it or the local PD?

Thanks,
Taz

The state youth agency I work for in NY fingerprints all job applicants. My personnel officer was happy to do it for me, as a favor, and the CT State Police were happy to accept it even tho we aren't technically a LE agency.
(Some of our staff, who transport youth to and from court, have "peace officer" status.)

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom