• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fine Guns by Uberti of Italy - Schofield - 1911A1 - That we CAN'T BUY NEW !!

CaseHardened

Banned
Uberti of Italy is believed by many to be the premium manufacturer of first class reproduction firearms.

What is especially nice, is that some of their models are advertised as being part-for-part interchangeable with the century-old originals. And generally made of better materials, and to closer tolerances.

Here are some pics of Uberti's I desire, but will never be able to buy in Mass from an FFL-01.

2997054_04_stoeger_a_uberti_schofield_45__640.jpg
1911n00-1911semiauto-5-45acp-nickelfullimage.jpg

http://www.texasjacks.com/goods/guns-n-stuff/military-replicas-1/1911-45-cal-2/1911-semi-automatic-45-acp-5-barrel-nickel.html

buddy has one of those schofields. really nice. I had one of their remington 1859 revolvers, which I picked up a conversion cylinder to fire cased ammo with. not the same.

buddy has one of those schofields. really nice. I had one of their remington 1859 revolvers, which I picked up a conversion cylinder to fire cased ammo with. not the same.

The Remington 1858 has been considered to be THE BEST Cap & Ball Revolver ever made, from the very first one manufactured to the present day.

It's not the prettiest, but it is extremely strong (in the steel version, not the brass), easy to maintain, and an experienced shooter can swap loaded cylinders nearly as quickly as a pistol with a magazine.

The Stainless Steel Models have an extra advantage of standing up to the abuse of Black Powder better than most.

Remington_1858_16_big.jpg

The current Uberti is the best, closely followed by the Pietta. There have been many other replicas manufactured over the last 50 years.

Most are probably just fine. I could find only one instance of an 1858 exploding in use, and that was when some jackass used SMOKELESS POWDER to load the cylinder.

Personally I'm not trusting my limbs and life to an unknown manufacturer who went out of business years ago. That manufacturer may have folded for a good reason.

I did not include the 1858 because it is Cap & Ball tech; obsolete technology that can be purchased in Mass.

The Schofield and 1911 are, of course, considered modern.

Last edited:
I just picked this up from the classifieds last week. There didn't seem to be much interest in it, since it's not a Glock/Sig/HK. I had never really been into single action wheelguns, or any Old West style guns at all for that matter, until I bought a used Ruger Single Six a few years back. Then a month ago I bought a new Rossi M92 lever action 20" rifle in .357/ .38. When I saw this for sale here I kinda had to have it (since I have a sweet spot for nickel-plated guns too).
Uberti (I think it's a cattleman model but it says Single Action Army on the top of the barrel) .45 Colt with an extra cylinder for .45acp. Also came with a nice black leather cowboy-style holster, 75 .45 Colt factory rounds and 25 vintage Colt-manufactured wax rounds. All in all a pretty good deal, and it's a sweet shooter. I already reload .45acp for the 1911's but I may have to start reloading the OG Colt round too.

uberti.jpg

I just picked this up from the classifieds last week. There didn't seem to be much interest in it, since it's not a Glock/Sig/HK. I had never really been into single action wheelguns, or any Old West style guns at all for that matter, until I bought a used Ruger Single Six a few years back. Then a month ago I bought a new Rossi M92 lever action 20" rifle in .357/ .38. When I saw this for sale here I kinda had to have it (since I have a sweet spot for nickel-plated guns too).
Uberti (I think it's a cattleman model but it says Single Action Army on the top of the barrel) .45 Colt with an extra cylinder for .45acp. Also came with a nice black leather cowboy-style holster, 75 .45 Colt factory rounds and 25 vintage Colt-manufactured wax rounds. All in all a pretty good deal, and it's a sweet shooter. I already reload .45acp for the 1911's but I may have to start reloading the OG Colt round too.

View attachment 172448

Nice pickup. Same here; I never had much interest in single-action wheel guns until maybe three months ago. Suddenly I've got three Blackhawks (two .357 and a .45 Colt) and an El Paso rig. There's just something about those old singles.

Reloading the .45 Colt for a gun as strong as the Ruger Blackhawk is, as the kids say, lit.

^ That is one gun I've never owned or even fired any variant of... the Mauser broomhandle. I've had my C&R since '08, I just haven't found one of those guns in my price range. I would probably trade one of my three Lugers for one!

^ That is one gun I've never owned or even fired any variant of... the Mauser broomhandle. I've had my C&R since '08, I just haven't found one of those guns in my price range. I would probably trade one of my three Lugers for one!

I read once that there are plenty of these, Chinese Versions, in China.

But they cannot be imported due to Politics.

Back
Top Bottom