• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FID to LTC, do I put FID # on application?

I have a FID card (not expiring for another 5 years?) and am Applying for my LTC, on the aplication it says "if renewal original tracking number _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ the tracking # is obtained from first FID/LTC"

would I put down my FID tracking # in this area or since a LTC and FID are completely seperate, just leave it blank as if i dont have a tracking # of any sort and am just applying for a LTC and keeping my FID...

Thanks guys!

You don't have a "tracking number", that is for PD use only.

Yes, you keep your FID (regardless of what they tell you) and are applying for a NEW LTC, not a renewal.

I did this by mistake when I submitted my LTC app. Nothing came of it except that the PD treated it as a renewal not a new license. Again not a problem except that renewals are done so that the new license becomes effective on your birthday of the renewal year. Only problem was that date was 2 weeks in the future :(

I didn't notice this on my LTC until Carl at Four Seasons was running me through the state computer system for a handgun purchase and it kept coming back with an invalid license number entered error. Upon closer inspection he noticed the issue date on my LTC was 2 weeks in the future. Carl was nice enough to hold onto the gun for me until I could pick it up though. I called the CHSB and they said that they could reissue the license with a new (older) issue date but that it would take at least 3 weeks for that to happen and my local PD would have to submit the request to them.

So I guess you can do it but I wouldn't unless you want a nice invalid LTC for a while :)

Back
Top Bottom