Federal Bans, catch-22?

I was just wondering if the "assault weapons" ban got put into effect nationally, would that give us more options here in MA?

In this I mean, would it force companies to create more guns that would be compliant?

I'm not in support of the ban, of course, just curious.

I was just wondering if the "assault weapons" ban got put into effect nationally, would that give us more options here in MA?

In this I mean, would it force companies to create more guns that would be compliant?

I'm not in support of the ban, of course, just curious.

If a national ban were to pass and it closely mirrored the current MA ban, then there might be a slight increase in choices if more manufacturers got onboard. The MA ban sucks and any national ban would only spread the suckiness.

universal background checks would prob wreak havoc with transferring non compliant handguns

It will probably just make criminals out or law abiding citizens who will sell their guns to friends who are licensed regardless of a stupid law.

universal background checks would prob wreak havoc with transferring non compliant handguns

The Federal hope is to do away with ALL FTF transactions.

Net result for MA would be almost no handgun transfers within the state! [angry] This also a desired goal of the AG and EOPS! [angry]

No sure if the Fed ban would have anything to do with trigger pull on hand guns per AG. The version I saw did not so we would still be stuck with the same handguns, if any.

No sure if the Fed ban would have anything to do with trigger pull on hand guns per AG. The version I saw did not so we would still be stuck with the same handguns, if any.

Thats not what hes talking about, he's talking about universal background checks. As you know FFLs can't transfer non compliant handguns, if every personal transfer has to through a FFL first.... well you get the idea.

Thats not what hes talking about, he's talking about universal background checks. As you know FFLs can't transfer non compliant handguns, if every personal transfer has to through a FFL first.... well you get the idea.

Ah, I see. It would likely make all C&Rs go via class 1 FFLs as well I guess.

Back
Top Bottom