• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FBI.....TO SPEND 100 MILLION ON AMMO

ANACONDA

NES Member
Anyone believe between DHS and now the FBI there isn't a conspiracy going on in this country to keep ammo out of the hand of law abiding citizens. I can hear them in the back room of the WH saying "let them have all the guns they want, but without ammo they are no more than expensive paper weights."

FBI plans to spend $100 million on ammo

Then they underestimate our resourcefulness.

ETA: my comment was in response to the Gov. Thinking they can buy up all the ammo to keep it out of civilian hands. Not sure how the next few posts relate to my statement.

Last edited:
The US can turn out 5 billion rounds per year from what I read - so all the gov't buying is a measurable, yet small impact.

Wait a couple months - the shelves will be stocked and then you can buy all the ammo you want. Just DON'T FORGET THIS, don't go back to sleep and think you can pick up ammo on the way to the range.

AFTER THE PANIC

When you are at Riley's and see a case of 5.56 M855, buy it. Get a cheapo plastic box, shipping silica pak left over and it will be fine for years.

The US can turn out 5 billion rounds per year from what I read - so all the gov't buying is a measurable, yet small impact.

Wait a couple months - the shelves will be stocked and then you can buy all the ammo you want. Just DON'T FORGET THIS, don't go back to sleep and think you can pick up ammo on the way to the range.

AFTER THE PANIC

When you are at Riley's and see a case of 5.56 M855, buy it. Get a cheapo plastic box, shipping silica pak left over and it will be fine for years.

You're funny. Too bad most people will still not heed this advice.

Just a hint for storing ammo. Use the GI Ammo cans if you get them. Put the ammo in the can, with the silica pack, with the can lid open slightly, heat the can up, then close the can. You now have a vacuum sealed can with most of the moisture gone.

Not saying it is bad advice, but someone is bound to win a darwin award for this.

my right arm aches this morning......and it's from reloading before you make any jokes.

Not saying it is bad advice, but someone is bound to win a darwin award for this.

Just put it in the oven on high broil [laugh]

Seriously though, just heating the can with a hair dryer on high will do. Heat it all aroud with the lid closed, but not clamped for a few minutes. Once the can is warm all around clamp it shut. Works better if you do it in a cool place like a basement.

Seriously though, just heating the can with a hair dryer on high will do. Heat it all aroud with the lid closed, but not clamped for a few minutes. Once the can is warm all around clamp it shut. Works better if you do it in a cool place like a basement.

Based on the information supplied at ar15.com, smokeless powder has an ignition point between 450ºc and 5,000ºc. [rolleyes] I'm gonna go waaaaaay out on a limb here and say that you can heat the can up with a heat gun and not worry overmuch; even if the powder ignites, it does not "explode", as has been proven over and over again. Worst you'll have to worry about is the lid popping off and a good portion of that can of ammo is going to be useless to you.

Brilliant idea, JW, heating the can to store it, much like one does when canning produce for storage. Reps to you, sir.

Was thinking of using the blow torch......your idea might work better. [smile]

Who needs Ammo?

gun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom