Favorite HF Band

What is your favorite HF Band?

• Total voters

Bob J

NES Member
2m is fun but after the Japan problems am thinking of moving into HF.... Am pretty clueless here and would prefer not to spend a lot of money in picking up capability (rig, antenna(s), etc) that I might not end up using much so would appreciate the benefit of your experience.....

So, what is your favorite HF band and why?

15, 17, 20 and 30 meters are my primary operating bands now that solar cycle 24 is making things good again. The antennas are short and the propagation is getting pretty good now.

I find myself mostly on 40, it's good if you like to rag-chew. 20-15-10 etc are good for the DX but I usually like more conversation than "you're 59 thank you bye bye"

I said 20M. Back when I was at W1YK, that was our money band in the contests. Not sure what the sunspots are doing these days as I'm not really active anymore. I've heard tales of working the world with 5W to a damp piece of string on 10M at sunspot peaks, but haven't seen it firsthand.

My choice changes as to the time of day and where I choose to talk, so I can't give you any one band choice. 73 from W1GRC

Back
Top Bottom