Fall 08 schedule

Does anyone have details on the Concord NH show?

EDIT: Disregard - I found it under DiPrete Gun Shows.

Last edited:
Does anyone have details on the Concord NH show?

What do you want to know?

This should answer most questions:

http://dipromo.com/nh/concord.php

From personal experience:

- Decent small show (285 tables). Lots of stuff that you won't see in a MA show (because MA inmates can't have it).

- Unless you live in NH, not much in mags/handguns you can legally buy and transport back to MA (FFL xfr needed for handguns and thus most are verboten).

- No hassle buying OC, ammo, supplies (fair amt of reloading supplies), accessories.

Last edited:
What do you want to know?

This should answer most questions:

http://dipromo.com/nh/concord.php

From personal experience:

- Decent small show (285 tables). Lots of stuff that you won't see in a MA show (because MA inmates can't have it).

- Unless you live in NH, not much in mags/handguns you can buy legally buy and transport back to MA (FFL xfr needed for handguns and thus most are verboten).

- No hassle buying OC, ammo, supplies (fair amt of reloading supplies), accessories.

I was looking for direction but found those.

I understand the limitations with handgun restrictions, mags, etc. My primary interest is in bulk ammo, long guns, and compliant AR uppers.

Having been to the Springfield show, I was very disappointed at what little is available there and hoped for a much more robust offering up north. 285 tables sounds like it should provide that.

Thanks.

Patty runs a show in Augusta, ME - 8/23 & 8/24 - the weekend before Concord. This is the first Concord show in nearly ten years I won't be working at [sad2]

August 30-31 Concord, NH
Sept, 20-21 Marlboro
October 4-5 Springfield
October 11-12 Manchester
December 13-14 Springfield

Somebody let me know if I got any of these wrong

September 20th:

Great, first a gun show, then the GOAL dinner!

OK, due to this conflicting info, I contacted GOAL and asked for them to get clarification (since we'll be working the GOAL table).

Carole confirmed the Sept. 20-21 dates and said that the hotel would be correcting their website soon to reflect the correct dates.

That's all I've got at this point.

I'm planning on going to the marlboro show but i can't find anything regarding an admission fee. This is going to be my first gun show! Does anybody know what it'll cost to get it if anything?

I went to the Concord show 30Aug. Fewer guns and more "other stuff" than I recall from past shows. Hardly a Glock to be seen and very few SIGs - all at prices above MFL and the vendors wouldn't bude on price. Amazing price ranges for the same NIB guns -I bought a Kel-Tec PF-9 for $262 instead of $290, $299 or $349. Loads of C&R rifles in poor to crap condition, but more new ARs and "tac" shotguns there than I've seen before.

My son (9yr) picked up a nice Luger and a case of ammo (rubber bands) for $15. And a demil'd 20mm M55 shell just for fun. We won't be bringing that to school was the agreement.

I am hoping to attend my first gun show this fall. Do I need to bring an FA10?

If you mean the Marlboro show? If buying from a dealer the answer will be "no", they will do all the paperwork with you just like you were buying in a gun shop. If you buy from a private party walking around with a "flag" sticking out of a rifle barrel, yes one of you will need to have brought an FA-10 with them.

At any rate, if you will be at Marlboro on Saturday (9/20), please stop by the GOAL table and say "hi" . . . and sign up if you're not already a member.

I am hoping to attend my first gun show this fall. Do I need to bring an FA10?

If you're at a show in MA the dealer selling the gun should provide the FA-10.
If you're in another state they won't even know what an FA-10 is.

In either event there is no need to take one with you. If you purchase a gun and they don't give you one you can fill it in and mail it later.

If you're at a show in MA the dealer selling the gun should provide the FA-10.
If you're in another state they won't even know what an FA-10 is.

In either event there is no need to take one with you. If you purchase a gun and they don't give you one you can fill it in and mail it later.

Thanks for the info.

Lieut232 said:

I
am hoping to attend my first gun show this fall.

Same here. Could any of you show veterans out there explain what it's usually like at the Marlboro show in terms of gun volume and selection? When the ads talk about "tables", how big is a table and how much stock are dealers bringing with them usually?

I've been looking for various older, European handguns for a while and have pretty much covered the bases looking in gunshops around my area (North shore/greater Boston). I am hoping that this is my chance to see a lot of inventory all at once from dealers who would typically be too far away for me to visit them individually.

So, if I go to Marlboro looking for pre-WWII German pistols, say, is it too much to hope that I'll hit paydirt in one way or another? Does anybody have any input about what kinds of guns are more prevalent than others at this show?

It's not too much to hope at all, as long as you know what you are looking for and what they are actually worth. Most of the dealers at the gun shows are looking to make a killing off a newbee.
Actually, the older stuff is quite available at the shows. If you have a C & R, take it with you. Again, the key is to know your stuff before you go. You will seldom find a bargain, but you can easily find something at generally the right price. Also consider going to the Springfield show later in the fall

One other thing is kind of nagging at me:

Since the show is only open for two days and all the dealers are, of course, trying to sell as many guns as they can in that time, do they typically rush potential buyers?

I am a serious buyer, and if I go beyond simply looking at a gun in a dealer's case and ask to actually handle it, I usually end up purchasing it. Still, since I'm interested in older guns whose condition may be uncertain, I often give the piece a very careful examination (sometimes asking to field strip it) before committing to the sale.

So, basically, I guess I'm asking whether it's a madhouse in there, or fairly relaxed.

One other thing is kind of nagging at me:

Since the show is only open for two days and all the dealers are, of course, trying to sell as many guns as they can in that time, do they typically rush potential buyers?

I am a serious buyer, and if I go beyond simply looking at a gun in a dealer's case and ask to actually handle it, I usually end up purchasing it. Still, since I'm interested in older guns whose condition may be uncertain, I often give the piece a very careful examination (sometimes asking to field strip it) before committing to the sale.

So, basically, I guess I'm asking whether it's a madhouse in there, or fairly relaxed.

Again, you need to do your research ahead of time. Figure out what the going price of the gun is and be prepared to offer that or less. It's up to them as to whether or not they'll accept it.

No, the dealers don't rush anybody. It's the buyers who run in at 9 am on Saturday thinking they'll find a bargain that do the rushing. If I were thinking strategically and trying to get the best deal I would wait until close to closing Sunday for something I really wanted. For some of them going home with cash of any kind can be an incentive.

I just go for the entertainment value and if I find anything worthwhile it is a plus. That's just the way I look at it. Many people think of gunshows as being some kind of mystical nirvana where $600 guns will magically fly into their pockets for $200.

It don't happen[wink]

Thanks for answering my questions (both times) so promptly, News Shooter. I appreciate it.

It's the buyers who run in at 9 am on Saturday thinking they'll find a bargain that do the rushing. If I were thinking strategically and trying to get the best deal I would wait until close to closing Sunday for something I really wanted. For some of them going home with cash of any kind can be an incentive.

The thing that I'm most hopeful about is not so much getting a bargain on anything, but rather finding a couple unusual and desirable guns to add to my collection. It'll be nice to peruse some fresh stock from dealers that I haven't had opportunity to visit.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my questions (both times) so promptly, News Shooter. I appreciate it.

The thing that I'm most hopeful about is not so much getting a bargain on anything, but rather finding a couple unusual and desirable guns to add to my collection. It'll be nice to peruse some fresh stock from dealers that I haven't had opportunity to visit.

That's the entertainment value..good luck and have fun!![smile]

Back
Top Bottom