• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Extreme Close Quarter Concepts Course

JimConway

Instructor
The "Extreme Close Quarter Concepts" taught by Southnarc this past weekend at Pelham Fish & Game in Pelham, NH was in a single word awesome. We had a total of 16 students, which was the most that South would allow in a class. I was immensely pleased by the fact that about 75% of the students had trained with NEShooters before and about half of the students have taken multiple courses from us. Thanks guys

Several of the students have mentioned doing reviews, so I will hold off on the aspect for a while.
This was the most physically demanding affair that I have ever imagined in the firearms training area. One comment that I got this morning was that the course brought a whole new meaning the the phrase "sore all over"

I will comment on the shooting (only 300 rounds) portion of the course, or now. Except for the shots fired with your head touching the target all of the shots were fire while moving. Southnarc has developed a different approach to the draw stroke (the presentation) which uses only 4 steps. The biggest difference is in the number 2 position which has the fire indexed as high as possible against your Pectoral muscle with the muzzle pointede down a about a 45 degree angle. This is your "bad breath" distance firing position. At this distance most of us were shooting 1" to 2" groups without even seeing much of the gun. For me this presentation technique allowed me to pick up the front sight much earlier and to break the shot faster just as the gun reached the desired amount of extention. I can see that I will be spending a lot more time getting this down to the habit level.

For any of that are considering this course in the future, it is important to remember that this is a course about fighting at extreme close quarters and that a gun is only one of the weapons available to use. The students fought tooth and nail with their hands, with training knives and with Airsoft-type guns.

One of the highlights of the course was Michael de Bethencourt and Ralph Mroz fight for their guns on the ground. I am not sure who was biting who. I think that I would rather not know.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Jim has mentioned it was an eye opening course with Southnarc this past weekend. I/We trained harder than I have since bootcamp +. 3 days of in your face, arms length, in the dirt training. All 16 of us were more than satisfied, sore and enlightened by what we experianced, learned and accomplished.

Southnarc is a trainer that will make you accomplish the unexpected in yourself.

THE FIGHT IS NOT OVER until you finish it..............

My thanks to all you attended from far away as ME, PA and those of you that were returning students.

He will be returning next year 2008 for another 3 days of Training.

Back
Top Bottom