EXCLUSIVE: Kyle Rittenhouse Sued by Estate of Criminal He Shot in Self-Defense

Reptile

NES Member
The estate of Joseph Rosenbaum has filed a lawsuit on the third anniversary of the Kenosha incident.
On August 25, 2020, 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse shot three men, killing two, in self-defense during a Black Lives Matter protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Now, the estate of Joseph Rosenbaum is suing Rittenhouse, Kenosha officials, local Sheriff’s departments, the City of Kenosha, the City of West Allis, and several counties for “compensatory and punitive damages” for the “wrongful death” of Rosenbaum.

During the Kenosha incident, Rosenbaum confronted and chased Rittenhouse, eventually throwing a sack of items at him. According to witness testimony, Rosenbaum reached for Rittenhouse’s gun. Rittenhouse then fired four times, killing Rosenbaum. Ultimately, Rosenbaum’s death set off a chain of events that led to another death and injury as Rittenhouse protected himself from a mob of protestors.

During Rittenhouse’s trial, Rosenbaum’s fiancee testified to his extensive mental health issues. It was also uncovered that Rosenbaum spent most of his adult life in prison for sexual contact with five preteen boys.

Rittenhouse was acquitted of all criminal charges in 2021 and has since moved to Texas.

“These lawsuits are making it harder and harder for me to move on with my life,” Rittenhouse told Texas Scorecard. “It is extremely difficult to go outside without fear of being harassed or assaulted because of the lies spread in these lawsuits. No one should have to continue to defend the fact that they acted in self defense.”

“These lawsuits are making it harder and harder for me to move on with my life,” Rittenhouse told Texas Scorecard. “It is extremely difficult to go outside without fear of being harassed or assaulted because of the lies spread in these lawsuits. No one should have to continue to defend the fact that they acted in self defense.”

I might get flamed, but here goes.

The kid made some poor choices but did nothing illegal and a jury of his peers agreed.
Having said that, for someone that wants to move on with his life, he isn't exactly been keeping a low profile. He (or his handlers) are the ones keeping his name and photo front and center. He wants to be left alone and move on, yet he keep his name out there in the news.

He can't have it both ways...

The kid made some poor choices but did nothing illegal and a jury of his peers agreed.
Having said that, for someone that wants to move on with his life, he isn't exactly been keeping a low profile. He (or his handlers) are the ones keeping his name and photo front and center. He wants to be left alone and move on, yet he keep his name out there in the news.

How is he keeping his name in the news?

Do you really think if he hid they wouldn't sue him? Really? 🤣 chances are the people suing him have been planning this since the day after the incident.

That’s not how it works. Totally different burdens of proof between criminal and civil cases, and for good reason.

Yes, but iirc a few states actually hard block civil suits in the wake of an SD acquittal, which is the way it should be. "Wrongful death" in the context while committing a criminal act is pure bullshit.

How is he keeping his name in the news?
He started this group and is their spokesperson on a media blitz trying to raise money...

I’m sure Everytown/Giffords has lists of projects that include people to harass, journalists to stroke, etc. And lists of pro bono lawyers to engage as needs arise.

Rittenhouse will forever be plagued.

I hate they are calling it a slaying.

It was a while ago so my recollection of all the events is somewhat unclear….

But didn’t all involved, including Rosenbaum, have a firearm? And didn’t Rosenbaum target Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse engaged him?

So if the answers to my recollection are in the affirmative, then I do not see any liability on the part of Rittenhouse.

I think the said the town/municipality are included in the lawsuit and I would venture a guess that the manufactures of anything to do with the firearm and ammunition are also name.

This is the anti-gun lobby bs backing this suit. Stating they are doing a go fund me to raise funds is a smoke screen for who is really behind the lawsuit.

In the UK, the plaintiff in such a case would have to pay all defense legal costs if they do not prevail. Unfortunately the American system doesn't have this standard.
Implementing that here would reduce the caseload in our Courts dramatically.

In the UK, the plaintiff in such a case would have to pay all defense legal costs if they do not prevail. Unfortunately the American system doesn't have this standard.
Implementing that here would reduce the caseload in our Courts dramatically.
There are problems either way. The UK system will also discourage legitimate lawsuits, especially ones that are complex. Our system allows frivolous lawsuits to be filed with little relief for the defendant. Even if damages were limited to discourage those from pursuing suits to gain a potential windfall, that would pose a poor deterrent against larger companies who are aware of their harmful acts/products but choose not to correct them.

I need that on a T-Shirt!

Malodave

Found it!

Last edited:
The whole broad stroke of "sued by the estate of" thing has to go. I get it, there are direct financial and mental-health impacts if you lose a spouse or a child due to gross negligence like a car accident or when the deceased is the victim of an actual crime, then that's one thing but the whole "Someone gets paid if someone dies" auto-paycheck thing is just BS. We live in a world where if you drive buy a fresh car accident, and don't stop for help, and someone dies, you can be sued if someone gets bent out of shape enough over it. Sucks to be you even if it doesn't hold up in court. Sell a ladder on facebook marketplace and someone falls off it and dies, you can be sued. Distract someone and they walk out into traffic and develop body temperature issues, you can be sued.

But didn’t all involved, including Rosenbaum, have a firearm? And didn’t Rosenbaum target Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse engaged him?

So if the answers to my recollection are in the affirmative, then I do not see any liability on the part of Rittenhouse.
Rosenbaum did not have a gun. He accosted Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse started running. Rosenbaum threw a bag of items at him and ran after him. Someone behind Rosenbaum fired a gun in the air, causing Rittenhouse to turn. Rosenbaum put his head down, charged Rittenhouse, and grabbed the business end of Rittenhouse's rifle. Rittenhouse fired four times, striking Rosenbaum with each shot, and hitting no one else at that time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom