EMRL?

Mystic Team 3, on target 8. I was NOT the guy that got a 12.

(yes you read right, a 12.)

I'm not shooting EMRL this year, but I note that they have a web site again: http://www.emrl.org/

I saw the 12... ouch. The dummy score is the lowest score of anyone who put a full 20 shots for record downrange, too, so it wasn't just a couple of shots and a rifle-killing malfunction. I did something not a hell of a lot better in my first highpower offhand match, though--I had a terrible flinch problem shooting .30 after years of smallbore.

You guys shot in the afternoon?
The lowest score I saw was a 143 (new shooter)

Yes we shot in the afternoon. Mystic team 2 and 3 shoot in the 2nd relay. I shot a 126-1 last week. My fiancee shot a 100-0 last week. This week she didn't shoot(she was on crutches because I beat her(just kidding she had surgery on her knee)), however I got a 129 this week.

My fiancee shot a 100-0 last week. This week she didn't shoot(she was on crutches because I beat her(just kidding she had surgery on her knee)), however I got a 129 this week.

Might have been exaggerated by the time I heard it, but is she the same woman who was shooting her first highpower match ever while being continually attacked by bees? I'm glad she was willing to come back!

Yeah, she got stung on her left hand between the fingers while she was on the line. Picked out the stinger, shook her hand a couple of time and kept on going!! What a trooper! Too bad she was recovering from knee surgery and couldn't shoot this week. She came to match and scored for her team while on crutches.

We've got three gals shooting on our teams this year, maybe next year we'll be able to field an all-female team. It's great to see more ladies getting involved in the shooting sports!

Might have been exaggerated by the time I heard it, but is she the same woman who was shooting her first highpower match ever while being continually attacked by bees? I'm glad she was willing to come back!

she laughed at that. Yea she got a booboo on her hand a couple weeks back thanks to a bee sting. It's cuz she's so sweet:)

164x0, i'm not upset given that its my first bout @ highpower.

i DO intend on putting a globe sight on the front of this damned thing though . . . i lose the front sight post BAD, whereas shooting my buddies 10meter air rifle (for practice), i can nail 10 for 10 in the black time after time.

Lipski clamp on sight base and Lyman globe sight are being ordered ASAP :). i figure, i'll stick with the stock rear hooded sight for now.

ive just gotta figure out WHICH sight base i need. via my calipers, i've got .7495 right in front of the stock A2 front sight, ~ .735 about halfway between the sight and the crown, and the end of the barrel (where you'd normally have threads) is turned down to .6995 (.700).

Brownells doesn't carry a .700 lipski sight base, nor have i found one anywhere else i've looked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom