Email Notifications

Garys

NES Member
I'm not getting email notifications of replies to on threads I've posted in. This just started this morning. I checked my settings in the CP, but nothing seems to have changed.

Anyone know what's going on?

Gary

I noticed I haven't gotten e mail when I have new private messages. I checked my settings and they're still the same too.
Seems like the e mail notification feature on post replies and pms is glitching.

As a test I changed my email address to a non Comcast account. I just got an email notification. I wonder if this is a Comcast thing?

Gary

Last edited:
Check your spam filter with Comcast if you have one. NES may be on the black list. Every so often I have to tell my yahoo filter that something is not spam.

I had this happen last year. I use Verizon. I don't have any filters set with Verizon. I found that they have their own filters and black list. I sent an email to support and in 2 days I was getting my notifications.

I had this happen last year. I use Verizon. I don't have any filters set with Verizon. I found that they have their own filters and black list. I sent an email to support and in 2 days I was getting my notifications.

It might be that, because I checked the junk mail folder using the Comcast Web Mail service and there was nothing in there.

Gary

I don't use email notification. I'd get wwwaaayyy too many emails if I did that.

That's why I have a separate account for that.

Interestingly, I just got about 30 notifications at the Comcast address that wasn't working. Where they were hiding the past few days, I don't know.

I'm going change my email address back to that and see what happens.

Gary

I got an e mail notification tonight from a PM that was sent to me a few days ago. Maybe the software is trying to catch up.[thinking]

I got about 80 email notifications this morning for the last several days of updated threads.[shocked]

ETA, 20 more an hour later. Wonder where they were all hanging out.

Jack

Last edited:
Yeah, weird problem... I got pounded with notifications this
morning too, and mine goes to a gmail acct.

-Mike

I'm not getting them either. They stopped about the time this thread started. I just went in today and killed them and reinstalled them, but still no new e-mails.

Back
Top Bottom