• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EIC Elementary matches

Hi all;
Looking for some help. I shot an Air Force Elementary EIC last year and just missed the top 10%. I'd like to find another elementary match to get things going toward the Distinguished Award. I'm not getting any help from the AF People in charge from Texas (mail and email), but I know any service/military elementary match is acceptable. What I don't know is if you can try regional or state CMP shoots and start that way. Also how to find the elementary match schedules. I get onto the CMP website but never see any elementary matches listed. Anyone out there able to give me help and guidance? Thanks a lot!

I assume the AF Elementary match is the AF's version of a regular EIC match, or it's an AF EIC match were none of the shooters have any leg points?

There are EIC matches in Reading, MA, Nashua, NH, Jericho, VT, and some in ME as well.

Hi Derek,
Its a version where shooters have no leg points. My understanding was we had to start there before working our way up. You get a non-national bronze for the top 10%, then work up to National Bronze, Silver then Distinguished. The last 3 based on legs points.

Well the good thing is you don't need to just shoot elementary matches if you are looking for leg points. Obviously it would be easier to get your first leg points in a match like that but you don't have to wait or look for one if you just want to keep shooting for points.

Keep an eye out early this coming spring for the match schedules of Reading and Nashua. They each have 3 or 4 EIC matches each year. You should be able to get plenty of leg shooting in.

I think you are talking about a 4 point EIC match. There is a New England Warrior Challenge every fall that is hosted by the 94th RSC and the National Guard MAC-1. Last year it was the 13th - 16th of September. I'm pretty sure that they have a 4 point EIC match but I'm not sure about Air Force participation. You can also shoot the 4 point M-16 EIC at Camp Perry as far as I know.

As a service shooter, you may be limited in the number of non military EIC matches you can shoot. Here is a link to the AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 34-227 that governs that. You may also want to read the Short History of the Distinguished Badge by Hap Rocketto. It has a much condensed version of what you can and can't shoot on page 24.

B

EDIT: FYI can shoot the National Trophy Match at Perry and the Inter service EIC match at Quantico. Both of those should be good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I believe the 4 point is the thing. I will probably do the Locals as well, but you are correct about the limited matches per year per the AFI. I'll try and follow up on the Warrior Challenge as well. I know we can shoot other services, its just whether they will let you! Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom