Edge of Darkness (Mel Gibson Movie)

I went to go see this a few days ago at the Randolph theatre (So you know I was CCW), and my first surprise was that the movie took place in my old neighborhood of Roslindale...so I smiled when I heard them say it on the new (in the movie)....then in one scene, this kid has a shiny .45 compact of some kind (it looked nickel plated, but didn't catch a make or model) and the cop sais "Don't you know these are illegal in Mass?" and the reply was "Everything's illegal in Mass!" and I started laughing out loud with maybe 5 or 6 other people...So which 6 of you were in the theatre with me? LOL...

I have heard mixed reviews of it.
I heard they drove a car into the Merrimac River for that movie - remember reading about it - I think they show a split second of it during the preview.

I saw it yesterday. Good action. Predictable script. The "everything's illegal in Massachusetts" line was repeated a couple of times and elicited laughter each time.

Saw it Sat. with a couple of friends at liberty tree mall. When the "everything in Ma is illegal" line came out we lost it. It was a riot. There are a lot of subtleties that were hysterical, like how the senator makes a striking resemblance to J. Kerry (in the movie they made him a republican to hide it from being so obvious) They made fun of him pretty bad. Also, Gibson gave the kid back the 1911 and said it was loaded and the hammer was down. I thought that was pretty funny. All in all it was a good movie, lots of little stuff that you need to look out for that is making fun of govnt/ma.

The movie was shot on Main Street, Northampton and in Sunderland Ma on top of the mountain. I know. My cousin was in it.

Back
Top Bottom