Ducks!

Got my first woody today and he's a beauty!

43f20006-90b2-d76d.jpg

Nice! where about did you get it? I am not looking for specific place just like town or general area of state. You just don't see many around. I have just started seeing good numbers of them this past year in the Mumford river in Douglas. I am waiting for my barrel to come in for my new Benelli so I can get out with my brother in-law.

I'm actually in way upstate NY for the opening weekend of ducks. By the looks of some of the swamps around me in Mass I'd assume there is a decent wood duck population. I'll definitely let you know if I drop one and I'll PM you where I hunt in mass as well.

Magsrgod
I was in upsate this weekend for Deer didn't see any but I did see one lone wood duck in a pond and a ton of grouse. Did you see any Deer? didn't seem like much was moving.

Yes actually. 2 of my friends took bucks Saturday morning, a crotch and a 6 point. They were happy to get it out of the way so they could go blast some duckies during the night hunt. I usually wait till around Thanksgiving to fill my rifle tag in NY.

We saw tons and ton of Geese between yesterday and this morning. I also found out that my Mossy 535 doesn't like ejecting Federal Black Clouds shells... wasn't happy about that!

i was down at a local pond today at like 7 am fishing and there where at least 20-30 ducks and a good 100 geese all flying around landing paddleing about.

they are allways in places where you cant shoot them for me i go goose hunting see none on the way back side of the road in a soccer feild there will be 50 of the damn things.

Limit on Goose and 3 Mallards. Also took 3 police officers and 1 Sargent to figure out I was hunting on legal land, was one of the most distasteful things I've ever had to deal with. It's sad when the police officers themselves don't know the laws, not just hunting but gun laws in general.

When everything was said and done they said the place was legal to hunt but asked me not to hunt there due to the amount of people that might hear or see me hunting. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here.

148310_602840845116_16502122_34876231_697758_n.jpg

Limit on Goose and 3 Mallards. Also took 3 police officers and 1 Sargent to figure out I was hunting on legal land, was one of the most distasteful things I've ever had to deal with. It's sad when the police officers themselves don't know the laws, not just hunting but gun laws in general.

When everything was said and done they said the place was legal to hunt but asked me not to hunt there due to the amount of people that might hear or see me hunting. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here.

You should have responded by calling the EPO’S

LAW ENFORCEMENT AND REPORTING VIOLATIONS

And report
HUNTER HARASSMENT
Hunter harassment is against state law. Report violations to the Mass. Environmental Police (800) 632-8075 or to state or local police. Be prepared to provide a description of violators and/or a description and license plate number of the car.

You should have responded by calling the EPO’S

LAW ENFORCEMENT AND REPORTING VIOLATIONS

And report
HUNTER HARASSMENT
Hunter harassment is against state law. Report violations to the Mass. Environmental Police (800) 632-8075 or to state or local police. Be prepared to provide a description of violators and/or a description and license plate number of the car.

Awesome thanks for the tip, I had no idea that was an option. 3 of the cops said I couldn't hunt there, once the Sargent came he knew we were allowed to hunt there.

I will 100% agree with how dirty they shoot. I still love Winchester HV 2's and 3's, and for 12 bucks a box they're hard to beat. I also found the BC's shoot exactly the same through my Mossberg as they do through my Benelli, so much for the advertising [smile]

Back
Top Bottom