• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

QAD Drop-Away Rest

I was checking my pins with a different batch of arrows today. Went through about a dozen shots with the same few arrows, and then WTFF?! Disaster. Fletching torn, arrow buried in wood, nock went flying, and the arrow rest felt got stripped off. And if that weren't bad enough, I did it again. Just to make sure it was messed up. This is a QAD UltraRest Integrate MX, which came installed on the bow. The timing for the timing cord looked good, but I put it the bow on the draw board to double check. It looked like the cord was coming tight only during the last couple of inches of draw. I shortened the cord a bit, and went back at it. No more problems. My old bow has a Whisker Biscuit, and it's been on there for years. As much as I like this drop-away rest, I never experienced an issue using the Biscuit.

Had the same problem, sam rest, multiple times. Would shoot great for a few hundred shots then bam, major issues. I could never tell if it was the cable stretching and throwing off the timing or what. I got so frustrated I went back to a whisker biscuit. No more problems...

I like to keep it simple while I haven’t shot a drop away rest what is the advantage over a whisker biscuit?

I like to keep it simple while I haven’t shot a drop away rest what is the advantage over a whisker biscuit?
It does offer greater precision/ consistency. There's also less speed robbing drag than the Biscuit. It can contribute to increasing your effective range. Any shot I take on game will be inside 40 yards, so not a tremendous advantage there. But, I did notice the increased precision the first time I used it.

Your rest was off time, obviously by tightning the cord you fixed the issues. As long as it stays tight there won't be any issues most likely. I had a quad on my mathews bows for years and liked it. On my bowtech (or any twin cam bow) , I switched to one driven by the limb, as I didn't want to retune the cams. Because the pull of any cord will change how the cams flip over and timing. Usually you have to mess with the strings and cable and draw board to get them back in.

Anyway, I didn't like any limbdriver, or one near as much as the QAD for hunting. So for ease and just plain simplicity I use a whisker bisquit.

You are correct dropaways are more accurate and more efficient overall. But for hunting ranges, of 0-40 yards. (most 20 yards and in) I've never had any issues with a Whisker. Set it and forget it, and never any dicking around holding the arrow while sitting in stand.

UPDATE of sorts

A while back, I noticed the launch arm had a crack in it, and contacted QAD about getting it repaired. I figured they'd just send me a new launch arm. Nope. They wanted me to ship the rest to them. Since it was too close to the season, I just put a new felt on it and planned on getting around to shipping it later.

So... Here I am again. I look up QAD warranty policy, and they want a serial number. I look all over the rest and see nothing. So, I take pictures of all the settings and remove the rest. No serial number to be found. I send off an email to QAD, and they are going to send me a launch arm. :oops: When removing the timing cord, which had a clamp AND was served, I noticed some the strands of the string were cut where the serving must've been trimmed.

QAD were responsive instantly. So that was good.

Back
Top Bottom