Does a new frame for a Glock affect Mass. compliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Glock been sued in the past by Mass. for something? Or are they just scared of one now?

I remember back in 2004 a bunch of dealers sold brand new Glocks to people because they said the loaded chamber indicator extractor made in Mass. compliant, or something along those lines. IIRC to this day Glock will give a 100% refund to anyone with one of these non-compliant guns, even if you weren't the original buyer. That seems to indicate that someone put a lot of pressure on them to get the guns back.

I think if more and more distributors and gunmakers refused to sell anything gun related to anyone in Mass., LEO's and military included, we'd see a drastic change in the handling of the laws. But as long as it's just we common men who get screwed it'll stay quiet.

I'd think that especially if you have a factory warranty, whether from a refurb or an original warranty, if the gun breaks and they won't fix or replace it then they'd be violating some kind of law, wouldn't they?

My question is regarding shipping a complete lower frame into MA and then putting a complete upper on it. As other posters in this thread said it is legal to do so, but my question comes in when you are combining the two to make a complete firearm. Does the MGL prohibit this? How do I go about registering the complete firearm? Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

My question is regarding shipping a complete lower frame into MA and then putting a complete upper on it. As other posters in this thread said it is legal to do so, but my question comes in when you are combining the two to make a complete firearm. Does the MGL prohibit this? How do I go about registering the complete firearm? Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

No it doesn't, for the 900th time. You build the gun and when its done, within 7 days register it on an FA-10 (use the E-FA10 system, registration option. You list the gun info on the form, make model serial barrel length, etc. NO seller info.) Done.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom