• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disapproved?

Wtf. I have to do some looking into why they kicked back my application. Lame.

Edit: so I screwed up the form and didn't put the exact name of the trust.. I used the word "revocable" and that made it inaccurate. So it seems that I now have to submit a new application while waiting for my previous fee to be refunded. Hmm. Stupid tax = paid.

Last edited:
I don't follow - why did the word "revocable" invalidate it? Was the trust not titled revocable?

It was not. It's titled "xxx Trust," and since it was a revocable trust I thought I should include that. So, it's my mistake. I filled out a new form while I wait for the first one to be refunded with the correct information. Now I have to reset the clock and wait. The good news is it was just over a month to hear back.

Ugh. My paper form 1 was approved on the 5th, but they have "30 days" to mail it to me. Still waiting, over 2 weeks later.
[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

It was not. It's titled "xxx Trust," and since it was a revocable trust I thought I should include that. So, it's my mistake. I filled out a new form while I wait for the first one to be refunded with the correct information. Now I have to reset the clock and wait. The good news is it was just over a month to hear back.

Call the ATF NFA office in West Virginia and tell them what happened. There is a good chance they will jump you to the head of the line when they get the new one. I had them kick back a form 4 transfer. I called and got the name of the analyst. He instructed me to send it to his attention and he would get right on it. I got the stamp back within a couple of weeks of me resending the Form 4.

Don

Back
Top Bottom