Digital Packet Radio, Anyone Doing It?

I've been playing with getting Winlink running on a few "modes". So yes to packet, albeit in the Winlink client->server mode. I haven't done any packet QSO's

Running on laptops or desktop at home I have RMXExpress software connected through my TNC-X to (a) my Yaesu FT60R HT. This works well and is setup as the "go" kit. and (b) I have now a Kenwood V71 transceiver in the shack, but not got that working with the TNC-X yet (I think my cable is messed up)

I also use RMXExpress to run the Winmor HF protocol to get Winlink email via HF. Harder to get it to connect to remote servers, but successfully sucked email from HF access points as far away as San Diego running 20W, that I run through my Signalink USB sound card/RF Modem I use for PSK/RTTY etc.

Not sure if this area was what your msg was about. Shout if not, and we can learn together!

Tim
KQ1Y

I've been trying to play with PSK31. I also have a TNC...and as soon as I get this other antenna hung, I'm going to use the other antenna up there to do some packet stuff. I just haven't hooked it up, and I think that I need to rig a cable that will connect to the radio via the mic input from the TNC. We have a local BBS for our radio club, so it will be fun to give it a try when I can get it all worked out

Gosh, I let my thread die twortley & C-pher. Competing interests heading into spring.....

I definitely want to learn more about this. The idea of an off-the-net, net is quite compelling.

Back
Top Bottom