DHS: Planning/Guidance for Nuclear Detonation

I searched and it doesn't look like anyone has posted this yet, if so, please ignore/delete this post

Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation

I found this today, figured I'd share it, particularly in light of the past weeks events in Iran (satellite launch) and North Korea (moving missile to launch pad)

I haven't read the whole thing, but I think it provides some good insight into how things are supposed to go down on the governmental level in response to a blast.

Of particular interest to me was this paragraph:

"There will be no significant Federal response at the scene for 24 hours and the full extent of Federal assets will not be available for up to 72 hours. Emergency response is principally a local function. Federal assistance will be mobilized as rapidly as possible; however, for purposes of this document, no significant Federal response is assumed for 24 – 72 hours."

Also the 'key point' section

KEY POINTS
1. There are no clear boundaries between damage zones resulting from a nuclear detonation, but generally, the light damage (LD) zone is characterized by broken windows and easily managed injuries; the moderate (MD) zone by significant building damage, rubble, downed utility poles, overturned automobiles, fires, and serious injuries; and the no-go (NG) zone by completely destroyed infrastructure and radiation levels resulting in unlikely survival of victims.

2. It is anticipated that some injuries (e.g., eye injuries, blast injuries — particularly
from flying debris and glass) can be prevented or reduced in severity if individuals that perceive an intense and unexpected flash of light seek immediate cover. The speed of light, perceived as the flash, will travel faster than the blast overpressure allowing a few seconds for some people to take limited protective measures.

3. Blast, thermal, and radiation injuries in combination will result in prognoses for patients worse than those for the individual injury mechanisms.

4. EMP effects could result in extensive electronics disruptions complicating the function of communications, computers, and other essential electronic equipment.

5. The most hazardous fallout particles are readily visible as fine, sand-sized grains, but the lack of apparent fallout should not be misrepresented to mean radiation isn’t present; therefore appropriate radiation monitoring should always be performed.. Fallout that is immediately hazardous to the public and emergency responders will descend to the ground within about 24 hours.

6. The most effective life-saving opportunities for response officials in the first 60 minutes following a nuclear explosion will be the decision to safely shelter or evacuate people in expected fallout areas.

KI doesn't really expire... you can use it well after that date is reached.

I think the item #4 - the EMP efffects, is the goal, especially for the Iranians.

Reports have shown them practicing launches of scud missles from mobile cargo ship based launching platforms, with practice detonation at the apogee....

The only useful purpose for detonating a nuke at the apogee would be to maximize the emp effect.

Their dream - EMP bring the US back to the 18th century technology base for a few years.....

The EPM effect would be more than a few years. Nearly everyone would die long before anything was brought back online, so there would be no one else to build things back up. No foreign countries would come to our aid, except to invade land that is no longer occupied. It'd not be good.

Probably a good idea to have a point type distributor and a battery / solar charging system in a Faraday cage dont ya think ?

I have a Vertex Magneto that was a spare for my boat in such a box.

I just need to locate the Solar Cell battery charging setup.

Rest assured that the US has a set of nuclear weapons on standby for this type of attack. We might be set back a few years but Iran would be one large glass parking lot.

The US is very smart about nuclear weapon allocation. They always keep the most secure weapons back, ready for the country that tries to go agressive while we are down. That said, I see many problems with Obama's plan to reduce our nuclear force 80%.

I have three large bottles of iodate in the fridge, smaller ones in each vehicle, and one in my travel shaving kit . I have enough to dole out to a few folk if need be.
Last thing I would do is trust your health dept, school system or local hospital to be able to deliver it soon enough should something happen.
I read somewhere that a smaller dose can be given to pets.
I know that iodide is supposed to be better than iodate, mainly because it doesnt upset the stomach so much but that is what I have on hand right now.
Better than something sitting who-knows where waiting to be doled out by who knows who.
I literally dont leave home without it....

Rest assured that the US has a set of nuclear weapons on standby for this type of attack. We might be set back a few years but Iran would be one large glass parking lot.

The US is very smart about nuclear weapon allocation. They always keep the most secure weapons back, ready for the country that tries to go agressive while we are down. That said, I see many problems with Obama's plan to reduce our nuclear force 80%.

I just have this sinking feeling that "smart" ended about 3 weeks ago.

After all, it would not be in the spirit of International Cooperation for us to A) have the ability to destroy other countries at will, or, B) have a greater ability to survive attack than other countries such as France or Mexico.

Of particular interest to me was this paragraph:

"There will be no significant Federal response at the scene for 24 hours and the full extent of Federal assets will not be available for up to 72 hours. Emergency response is principally a local function. Federal assistance will be mobilized as rapidly as possible; however, for purposes of this document, no significant Federal response is assumed for 24 – 72 hours."

Is there anything here which surprises you?

Probably a good idea to have a point type distributor and a battery / solar charging system in a Faraday cage dont ya think ?

I have a Vertex Magneto that was a spare for my boat in such a box.

I just need to locate the Solar Cell battery charging setup.

+1 on the Faraday cage, Sam.
Ive been gathering materials to make some Faraday Blankets.
I also like the idea of using a grounded ferrous metal shed. Simple.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/faraday_cages.html

Back
Top Bottom