• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats Try to Blame Guns for the Crime Surge Caused by Liberal Policies

Who would have thought that rogue prosecutors and activist judges that don't enforce the laws, efforts to defund and marginalize the police, reimagine policing, no-cash bail, revolving doors with criminals, etc. would have led to increased crime rates? Then we have Dem politicians that condoned people getting out in the streets to get in peoples faces, riot, burn, loot, and murder for the past 4.5 years.

Now we have a press secretary get on stage that has no problem with lying when she stated that it's the Republicans that want to defund police. [laugh]

1625923987579.jpeg

Dems are only trying to keep Dems voting for Dems and supporting liberal/progressive policies. The Dems’ 2022 midterm hopes rely on buying happy unemployed voters still on COVID aid, or those who now get $15/hr+ and all the free stuff they can use (pre-school, community college, college loan forgiveness, healthcare, etc.), and convincing them more gun control will reduce crime.

Preaching to the choir keeps them in your own choir loft.

If he’s smart, Trump will say he’s not running in 2024 around mid-summer 2022, leaving the Dems flat on getting out the vote next Fall. Then change his mind when the GOP picks up the House and/or Senate, claiming it’s now his duty to answer the peoples’ call.

Most will believe whatever they want to believe regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Seems absurd, but they want to find emotional satisfaction more than understanding. And there will always be someone to preach what they want to hear in exchange for power and influence.

What we need more than the Information Age is the Critical Thinking Age.

except, they're buying guns also

They will be canceled by their fellow-travelers.

Gonna be interesting if they hold a protest
in front of Shakima Thomas's Newark row house
and she whips out her AR-15...

Now we have a press secretary get on stage that has no problem with lying when she stated that it's the Republicans that want to defund police. [laugh]
I was all ????. Then I fact-checked.

WTF???

That woman is pure evil. Wow.

WTF???

Words.

iu

Most will believe whatever they want to believe regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Seems absurd, but they want to find emotional satisfaction more than understanding. And there will always be someone to preach what they want to hear in exchange for power and influence.

What we need more than the Information Age is the Critical Thinking Age.

Especially in Massachusetts. 😆😆😆😆😆

WTF???

Bro, you had to fact check me? I thought it was only @drgrant that thought I just spewed BS! [laugh]

”That murders spiked in 2020 and 2021 isn’t news; it was widely noted. Usually, however, murder and violent crime rise and fall together...This didn’t happen in 2020-21. Rape, robbery and aggravated assault in particular decline…domestic crime contracted. Household violence rates went from 4.8 per 100,000 population in 2018 to 3.1 in 2020, a drop of more than 35%...

So why was murder rising when other violent crimes were declining? The answer involves big cities, guns and young black men...data suggest that armed assaults, robberies, personal quarrels and gang combat among young black males in big cities drove up murder rates. But since robbery and assault didn’t escalate during the pandemic, gang wars and personal disputes were likely the principal driver…The combination of depolicing and the subculture of violence produced an explosion in black-on-black crime in 2020 and 2021—a social epidemic akin to the medical pandemic tearing through the U.S. at the same time.”

The author is an Emeritus (retired) Professor - he has no tenure, grants or faculty position to lose, and can speak about race and crime without fear.

Back
Top Bottom