• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin

Absolute ****ing tyranny. This garbage is so loaded up with legalese you need a staff of attorneys to fact check it.

We truly are in Post America.

(1) Whoever intentionally sells,
transports, manufactures, or possesses any hollowpoint bullet, bullet that expands
or flattens easily in the human body, or bullet with a hard envelope which does not
entirely cover the core or is pierced with incisions is guilty of a Class H felony

Doesn't this mean FMJs with exposed bases would be banned since they don't "entirely cover the core"?

The useful idiots are being activated. It is a full (royal) court press on the 2nd A.

I really need to stop reading the details of these kinds of articles. This part damn near made my head explode: “While used by the military for decades – in part because they inflict massive wounds – hollowpoint bullets have little, if any, practical use for self-defense or hunting in everyday society. Tragically, they are essentially human-killing bullets.”

smiley-angry021.gif

Nevermind. It just did.

No chance of passing this one in Wisconsin, the way I see it. The bill sponsers seem to be making fools of themselves. A similar bill would pass in MA though, where only shotgun and black powder are allowed for hunting. Imagine one day in MA only LE uses HPs and slaves with FMJs!

I really need to stop reading the details of these kinds of articles. This part damn near made my head explode: “While used by the military for decades – in part because they inflict massive wounds – hollowpoint bullets have little, if any, practical use for self-defense or hunting in everyday society. Tragically, they are essentially human-killing bullets.”

smiley-angry021.gif

Nevermind. It just did.

“While used by the military for decades
this proves how ****ing clueless these retards are.

Where was that article that claimed WI deer hunter #s are larger then the 6th largest standing army in the world. All these hippy states are likely to get a beat down, VT rolls on the leave guns alone and we can get away with anything else progressive, I bet WI is similar.

Now I in no way support what they're asking for, but I understand why they're going after hollowpoints (It's a buzz word to go after), but why frangible? I must admit I'm not an expert on different bullet material, but I thought frangible was supposed to be "safer"

Now I in no way support what they're asking for, but I understand why they're going after hollowpoints (It's a buzz word to go after), but why frangible? I must admit I'm not an expert on different bullet material, but I thought frangible was supposed to be "safer"

Their definition of frangible, and what it actually is, are two adherent things. Again, they think the military uses "hollow point" bullets, which is against the rules for modern warfare. So, to them, they likely assume a frangible bullet breaks up into a million mini bullets. Kind of like the "tumbling" design of the .223, that was all the rage in the 90s. Which was also a myth.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Their definition of frangible, and what it actually is, are two adherent things. Again, they think the military uses "hollow point" bullets, which is against the rules for modern warfare. So, to them, they Lewinsky assume a frangible bullet breaks up into a million mini bullets. Kind of like the "tumbling" design if the .223, that was all the rage in the 90.s. Which was also a myth.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

thanks. I was seriously confused.

There probibly doing this so they look good to there democrat friends, some maby because there, well scared idiots, but i think its more of a show for obama then anything else,

but its still dangerous to not fight it. It might be actualy helpfull to get some fudds off there asses and see what the hell is going on out there.

Wow. And these people pride themselves on being so much better informed than everyone else. [rolleyes]

Ya there well informed alright, but just in the fact that there are so many sheeple out there, that they dont need to be well informed, just well spoken for the sheeple believe them.

No chance of passing this one in Wisconsin, the way I see it. The bill sponsers seem to be making fools of themselves. A similar bill would pass in MA though, where only shotgun and black powder are allowed for hunting. Imagine one day in MA only LE uses HPs and slaves with FMJs!

You may hunt with a rifle and/or a handgun in Massachusetts. Check the hunting regulations. Many people confuse the shotgun restriction during deer season to mean all hunting seasons.

The only thing I shoot with hollow points (as listed on the box) are targets (.223) and woodchucks (.22LR). If I could get away with it I would use the AR to pop the woodchucks but use a ballistic tip ammo. I notice just about any of the hunting arounds are ballistic tip so that the hollow point doesn't get clogged with fur and such before expanding. I'm sure to the moonbats though any bullet is going to some mythical armor-piercing, cop-killing, fly through the walls of 15 houses, and explode with the power of a grenade. Look at how they treat semi-autos by calling everything that isn't a blackpowder rifle an "assault weapon".

A Democratic state senator and three Democratic state representatives have circulated draft legislation that would ban civilian possession of hollow point or frangible ammunition.

I read that and get pissed about a ban on having effective ammunition for self defense. But somehow the article title is about hunting. Great.

Thats part why I jeft Wi, leftys have destroyed that state. Ya, 600k hunters in the state and they want to ban ammo? Stupid doesnt start the description for those uneducated libs. But these are the same ones who left the state for months in protest of the end of collective bargining and still took their paychecks with pride. They are the ones breaking the law.

Thats part why I jeft Wi, leftys have destroyed that state. Ya, 600k hunters in the state and they want to ban ammo? Stupid doesnt start the description for those uneducated libs. But these are the same ones who left the state for months in protest of the end of collective bargining and still took their paychecks with pride. They are the ones breaking the law.

Ignorant, or misguided, but not "stupid".

They have an agenda; they are using recent events to sway public opinion; they are advancing their agenda on the Federal, state and local levels. They have made progress.

Seems non-stupid to me.

Don't let your [angry2] or [rolleyes] at these initiatives cloud your judgement. Just because this particular measure may fail, does not mean that it won't be revived in a slightly different garb. And, now, everyone "knows" that HP is Military-Grade (it was in the bill, after all!) ammo, just like ARs are machine guns.

I thought hollow points were a safer option because they were less likely to over penetrate and hit a bystander in some instances? Isn't that why the police switched to them? It's the same thing with an AR-15 being used for home defense. It is more accurate than a pistol or shotgun and can be less likely to over penetrate depending on ammo choice. Yet they make it sound like it's an irresponsible choice. They even call it "gun safety" instead of "gun control".

Back
Top Bottom