Deep Sea Fishing in November

Anyone still fishing out into November?

I went this past Friday, had a nice day of ground fishing as well hooked up 2 large tuna at about ~200 pounds a piece, give or take. Unfortunately both were lost due to bad gear. Going out again this weekend, hopefully get one into the boat this time.

Time to find a new charter captain. [thinking]

Nah, the captain is my friend, no charter. First fish straightened the hook on us, and the second fish was caught on a Norwegian cod jig by accident in 260 feet of water. That second fish we got to fight for an hour and 45 minutes before the treble hook broke off. We already replaced all the hooks on the first set of gear with new tuna hooks, and we're hoping we don't catch another on the cod jig, cause that was a pain in the ass fighting that fish on a penn slammer rod and penn senator reel.

The tuna are running like crazy right now, I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

Nah, the captain is my friend, no charter. First fish straightened the hook on us, and the second fish was caught on a Norwegian cod jig by accident in 260 feet of water. That second fish we got to fight for an hour and 45 minutes before the treble hook broke off. We already replaced all the hooks on the first set of gear with new tuna hooks, and we're hoping we don't catch another on the cod jig, cause that was a pain in the ass fighting that fish on a penn slammer rod and penn senator reel.

The tuna are running like crazy right now, I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

Middle Bank?

More southern, we went out past the bank and the fish were flying out of the water all over the place. Bait fish were everywhere, ground fish were everywhere. The ocean was certainly plentiful last weekend.

We're heading out again on Saturday, hopefully gonna get one of them big guys into the boat with some different tackle.

More southern, we went out past the bank and the fish were flying out of the water all over the place. Bait fish were everywhere, ground fish were everywhere. The ocean was certainly plentiful last weekend.

We're heading out again on Saturday, hopefully gonna get one of them big guys into the boat with some different tackle.

Nice! It's friggin' addicitive isnt' it.[smile]
I give you the hunters toast "Good Luck and a good kill"

Nice! It's friggin' addicitive isnt' it.[smile]
I give you the hunters toast "Good Luck and a good kill"

Addictive isn't even the word.....it's crazy. I wish I owned my own boat, I'd be out Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately I only go when my friend takes his boat out.

I bought a new deep sea rig for this season, spent a good chunk on it and it's been paying for itself over and over. I'll never use conventional gear again.

Well, no tuna today. Filled the boat with nice Pollock, Haddock, and this whopper 35 pound Hake:

DSC01752R.jpg

DSC01753R.jpg

Forgot to mention, the ocean isn't too friendly in November....the drift from the current was incredible, we ended up using sea anchors and 24+ ounce jigs to even remotely try to hold bottom.

Back
Top Bottom