• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

FWIW (I did these upgrades on all of our electronic ear pro sets):

These gel-ear-pads are a really nice comfort upgrade & they also seal around your ears better = for the Peltor 100's: Amazon product ASIN B08PBRVJWDView: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PBRVJWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These gel-ear-pads work great with the Howard Leight Impact Sports: Amazon product ASIN B0822RGZH8View: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0822RGZH8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These gel-ear-pads work great with the Walker Razors: Amazon product ASIN B085R4JZ3XView: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B085R4JZ3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These are a huge improvement. I run them on my razors. I need to buy some for the Peltors as well.

$70 shipped for one, great bcg. Grab two if you can.

Last edited:

What is the difference between that carpenter steel and this one?

$70 BCG is too expensive now. A page or two ago, there was a BCG, upper receiver, and charging handle for $90. o_O

Reviews from 4-8 months ago on another site say to avoid the nitrided one due to poor / rough finish and to go with the carpenter steel.

Since the creation of Carpenter 158, the metals industry has continued to innovate, creating new blends of steels. 9310 is a AISI standard grade of tool steel that makes it about ~7% stronger than "mil-spec" Carpenter 158 steels, when appropriately treated. Its commonly used in the aerospace industry where toughness, impact strength, and solid wear characteristics are required.

ETA And just as an aside, Carpenter 158 has nothing to do with woodworking, it’s named after Carpenter Technologies’ 158 steel blend.

Last edited:
I never noticed a difference between the c158 and the 9310. The c158 is mil spec.

Personally, I like phosphate coating with the chrome liner. Nitride is definitely easier to clean and smoother.

AO is on the same level as toolcraft.

Those smith and Wesson knives sold out but now they have the serrated blade on sale for $33.99
Smith & Wesson knife

LEGACY20 is a active code but I can’t get it to work on this knife. The wife saw the first knife and is pissed I didn’t get her one. 🤣

View attachment 574024
Got mine today. The thing is a brick 😆

Kind of clunky operation but it’s solid and very sharp. The spear point is wicked.

Got mine today. The thing is a brick 😆

Kind of clunky operation but it’s solid and very sharp. The spear point is wicked.
Same, it seems pretty solid and the blade is very sharp as expected. I’m happy with it for the cost and will be playing with it for the next week. It’s my new fidget spinner.

Nicely packed in clear plastic. With hook holes so you can grab them off the shelf! I have no doubt that an anderson barrel is gtg.
View attachment 574369
Also, Durkin is a good store. I had to return an item and Jess Durkin took care of me no problem.
Yup fast shipping and never an issue at all.

Use “10off” to get 10% off!

Nicely packed in clear plastic. With hook holes so you can grab them off the shelf! I have no doubt that an anderson barrel is gtg.
View attachment 574369
Also, Durkin is a good store. I had to return an item and Jess Durkin took care of me no problem.
I have something with an anderson 14.5 barrel, shoots very well. Never would think it was $75.

considering what I paid for the RockChucker kit last year (also on sale) this looks like a pretty great price on the Rebel kit for someone looking to get into reloading:

Stripped upper $32
MFT minimalist, $45
B5 complete, $55
SBA brace, $90 (half off)

Back
Top Bottom