~ Dads, guns & relationships . . .

I bumped into this interesting short story a while back and thought others, that may not have read it, might enjoy it also:

Dad Just Keeps on Hunting
My Father's Hunting Legacy Lingers On
By Russ Chastain
My father knew plenty of folks, and knew many of them fairly well... but he didn't have all that many friends. When I say "friends," I mean sure-nuff, stick-by-you, good-hearted, like-minded folks who would do anything for him, and for whom he would have done anything. No, he didn't have many friends, but he did have a few. And he generally made a point of hunting only with his friends, or alone. And he didn't love many things more than he loved hunting.

Art was one of Dad's friends, and had been for decades. Dad knew him from work, where they both plied their chosen trade of sheet metal. I originally met Art when I was thirteen years old, the first time Dad brought me to Art's hunt camp at the Ocala National Forest... which is now my home. (cont.)
Read the rest of the article here:
http://hunting.about.com/od/deerbiggame/a/dad_and_art.htm

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it:) I don't hunt, may never, but I do shoot with my daughters, and it is always a special time for us. I hope they feel the same way about shooting with me as the author did about shooting with his Dad.

Back
Top Bottom