• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

D.C. Officials Weigh Keeping Semiautomatic Pistols Illegal

Yeah, but at what cost for the lawsuit and how long to work it thru the courts? They're still putting the screws to us owners and making us fight for every inch.

This is yet another validation of my view that the Heller case ruling was a disappointment for gun owners. Yeah, it's an individual right, but subject to reasonable restriction. We'll spend the rest of our lives and a small fortune arguing across the US about what a reasonable restriction is.

To many of us want one sweeping grand case that will overturn the years and years of oppressive gun legislation that the anti's passed. This is not going to happen and it will be seen in small steps. The very FIRST step was to establish in a precedent that the 2A is an individual right.

Think of it as building a house, you need a good, solid foundation or it falls apart. With this first opinion we have our solid foundation.

Some of my guns use magazines; others, clips.

However, ALL my guns using such take cartridges; not "bullets."

Some of my guns use magazines; others, clips.

However, ALL my guns using such take cartridges; not "bullets."

So what are you worried about? They consider any semi to have a magazine that accepts the bullets. [wink] To this date, every time I try to load a bullet into my magazine it just falls out. [smile][wink]

"Washington officials want to keep in place a prohibition on semiautomatic handguns — those in which a bullet clip is inserted into the gun's grip."

Last edited:
They're still putting the screws to us owners and making us fight for every inch.
This is precisely the path that Massachusetts and some other places will follow. They will adhere to the exact letter of the law (at least what THEY THINK the letter is) and totally ignore the spirit of the law. These types of issues will most assuredly require additional court cases and the expense that goes with them.

After all, it makes a big difference to crime statistics whether a BG is shot with a semi or a revolver. As someone said earlier, "Idiots."

It's very hard for the nanny state to give ground, proving once again that gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

Hmm....so no semi's where the magazine goes into the grip...so that means....

HK SP89
Tec9
Ar-15 and AK pistols
etc.

all would be legal, eh?

This can only happen because there is no legal method to punish those who happily feed the Bill of Rights through a shredder.

How many years can you go to prison for when a court decides you tripped over some tangled obscure piece of regulatory minutiae dreamed up by people who don't even know anything about what they're regulating?

How many years or how many dollars do these clowns put at risk while depriving millions of their basic human rights?

Back
Top Bottom