CZ AccuShadow now on approved Production list

Frenchy won the nationals, same gun too. I heard he starts every stage in the surrender position

I had a Tanfo in .40. Wasn't very happy with the gun or customer service. How these guns perform in the hands of top shooters isn't a very good indication of what you will be getting. They are not shooting the same gun you will buy.

Durning my time of competing I've tried many many different guns I first started out using an HK usp 9 on my first attempts at plate racks, then I tried an American made sig P229 in 40 and didn't do so hot with it, later going with he PX4 beretta 40 a beautiful nice shooting gun with just poor aftermarket support (no fiber optic sights available) until one day at a plate match I used on a whim my P226 40 and first attempt did awesome with it! I then picked up a All stainless P220 match elite 45 threw a front fiber on And ran that and did well with it but when trying to down load the 45 I got the loads too slow for steel challenge and had a major delay problem, I then searched for a polymer 9mm long barreled gun and ended up with the m&p pro and hated it with a passion! Biggest junk ever it dropped mags it didn't shoot POA barrel was very loose and trigger was not so great so after dumping 350 bucks into a $600 gun I sold it and bought the new sig xfive all around spending 1600 on it and haven't looked back! What a beautiful amazing awesome shooting gun, I love that it feels like my P220 but in 9 only problem is no one makes yet a new holster for the redesigned xfive model yet and won't till the summer, I have a ProAm match this month and am going back to my P220 and haveig a special 160 grain swc cast bullet mould made and with help and access to Lyman's ballistics lab will have a fast cycling soft shooting 45 for the match. But moral of the story you may go though many guns to find the perfect one, it's not glocks are better or CZs it's what fits you and points naturally.

I had CZ Custom install an Accubushing in my SP-01.
I hope to get to the range soon and compare accuracy side-by-side vs SP-01 Shadow.

You lucky dog. You got a Shadow with the Rami safety. I have been trying to locate this safety for several months with no luck.

I had CZ Custom install an Accubushing in my SP-01.
I hope to get to the range soon and compare accuracy side-by-side vs SP-01 Shadow.

Nice! you going to shoot it off the bag or do you have the ransom inserts for this model? interested in the results....

You lucky dog. You got a Shadow with the Rami safety. I have been trying to locate this safety for several months with no luck.

Fred,
I can put you in touch with the person I got them from if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! you going to shoot it off the bag or do you have the ransom inserts for this model? interested in the results....

I need to get inserts for the rest. Initial tests will be from a bag.

I wonder if the bushing is an approved modification to a stock shadow.
My first guess would be no, but I am unsure.

I wonder if the bushing is an approved modification to a stock shadow.
My first guess would be no, but I am unsure.

Since the Shadow Target and the Accu-Shadow are both on the list and the accu is essentially a modified Shadow Target (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm used to it) how would anyone be able to tell the difference?

Yea, I know that. But, since it left the factory as a shadow target, any modifications would have to be on the approved modification list in the book.
Even though no-one would be able to tell, it might still not be legal.
I will have to research further and see if the mods are approved.

So, it looks like someone over on enos asked amidon if the conversion legal.
The jist is, if the conversion requires milling the slide or changing the barrel length, then is is a illegal modification.

Original question and response below:

Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Fwd: Accushadow bushing

I wasn't sure if this got lost in the inbox over the weekend so I'm re
sending, the Enos forum indicated that you usually respond within 24 hours.
Just to verify. Now that the CZ SP-01 Accushadow is a production legal gunper D4 21.6 would allow another CZ SP-01 Shadow to be retrofitted with the
bushing and still be production legal. As the bushing is an OEM part from
another approved gun model.

Response:

Sorry on the delay but I have been traveling for a BOD meeting and when I
got home my internet router was shot and ordered a new one, have two
machines up and running so I will give you a quick response to your inquiry.

Mostly what you state is true, however, if the retrofit changes the barrel
length for the specific model, it would not be allowed per 21.3 and if the
slide needs to be milled, that would fall into 21.3b and that states it can
be done but for sights only.

John

Back
Top Bottom