CT AWB question...

The proposed AWB states that you can't have threaded barrels for pistols.

If I buy a threaded barrel for a pistol before the law goes in effect and have the receipt to prove it, its pre ban correct?

The proposed AWB states that you can't have threaded barrels for pistols.

If I buy a threaded barrel for a pistol before the law goes in effect and have the receipt to prove it, its pre ban correct?

Assuming that there is a grandfathering clause in the new law, I would think so.

the barrel is not the gun, the part with the serial number is.

So, lets say you have a gun today with a regular barrel. If the proposed law passed, if you EVER want to put a threaded barrel in it you should register it as an AW so you would be legal, even though it might not have a threaded barrel during the registration period, which will be finite...

Their will not be an after that fact registration.

This is going off the rails fast.

Beastly, what exactly do you want to do. Don't talk hypotheticals. What do you want to own. I'll tell you how to own it legally.

But let me give you a couple of hints before you reply., buy what you want that is legal NOW. Any law they pass will allow you to keep it, although you may have to be willing to register it.

So just buy the effing gun, as you want it. Stop worrying like you are.

they already have a list of all handguns purchased through a dealer, just send them your list saying they all have threaded barrels.

they already have a list of all handguns purchased through a dealer, just send them your list saying they all have threaded barrels.

Like I said, this is going off the rails.

None of this has anything to do with anything as far as the CURRENT laws.

Sending anyone a list based on a law that is not yet written and hopefull will not pass is . . well, whats the point?

This is an idiotic and pointless exercise. (I'm not saying anyone is an idiot, I'm saying that wringing yourhands and worrying is not a worthwhile exercise)

Am I being too vague? Trying to predict how a law will be written and if it will grandfather older firearms and how they will be handled is, again, pointless.

and oh yeah. . . stop fearing your government. Make them fear you!!! Fight the soft war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom