CRAP - screwed up my C&R Form - What should I do ?

CaseHardened

Banned
Damn.

I had let my C&R expire - stupid.

So I applied, in haste, last week. Then I saw this:

2a5zs7p.jpg

I'm nearly certain I just checked those boxes.

What should I do now ?

ALSO, some people say I need to mail in my old C&R Log Book ? Yes, No ?

Last edited:
They'll send the form back to you for corrections. Don't sweat that.

You can throw away your old book but why? If you sell anything c&r eligible after you get your new license , you're going to have to enter it in your new book all over again as an acquisition from your collection and a disposition to the buyer. Just keep the old book and use it .

You can throw away your old book but why? If you sell anything c&r eligible after you get your new license , you're going to have to enter it in your new book all over again as an acquisition from your collection and a disposition to the buyer. Just keep the old book and use it .

It's not like everything in my old C&R Journal isn't in the Mass State EFA-10 Database.

Just sayin'.

My last renewal, I applied just after expiration so I could toss the log book. It's a feature. You also don't have to answer questions about how many guns bought and sold during the period since it is not a renewal but a new C&R.

Damn.

I had let my C&R expire - stupid.

So I applied, in haste, last week. Then I saw this:

2a5zs7p.jpg

I'm nearly certain I just checked those boxes.

What should I do now ?

ALSO, some people say I need to mail in my old C&R Log Book ? Yes, No ?

My last renewal, I applied just after expiration so I could toss the log book. It's a feature. You also don't have to answer questions about how many guns bought and sold during the period since it is not a renewal but a new C&R.

I actually wonder if I should reapply to cut a couple of weeks off the process.

It's not like everything in my old C&R Journal isn't in the Mass State EFA-10 Database.

Just sayin'.

the two have absolutely NOTHING to do with one another. One is a state requirement and the other is federal and you have to do both.

the two have absolutely NOTHING to do with one another. One is a state requirement and the other is federal and you have to do both.

While that is true ... if they did not match up in regards to C&R weapons......

I think we've seen enough surprises lately to rule out that these databases would NEVER be compared.

it has nothing to do with matching up, it has to do with the FFL requirements of logging acquisitions and dispositions, including those you already possess. I'm just saying it would be easier from a record keeping perspective to not chuck your bound book if you're getting a C&R again.

you're sweating the small stuff, they'll send it back for correction. adds a couple of days to the process. no need to get wound over it.

when i applied, anytime i initial something, i use the letter of my last name and circle it. been doin' it for 45 years. they didn't like it and sent the app back to be corrected. no big deal, corrected over one set of initials with what they thought proper. i didn't have a breakdown over it. all good.

The old log is useful, but anything you acquired before your current license is "acquired before licensed", and can be noted that way in the A&D log. It doesn't matter if you were licensed (under a different license) at the time you acquired it.

Back
Top Bottom