Cost of CT non resident permit

The application fee seems to be $70, but it looks like you have to send another almost $70 as the fee for fingerprints and a background check. Is this right? So the actual cost to get a CT non resident permit is about $140? (plus what I have to pay my PD to take my fingerprints, and what I have to pay a notary)

I applied for mine in September and it was $70 total,not $140.My town PD provides fingerprinting as a service and my bank's notary stamped the 3 forms in exchange for a dozen cookies.Charging for fingerprinting is pretty lame and you should just ask at your bank if you're friendly with the CSR or whomever does notarizations.

Yeah, I just got the application in the mail.

The following is mandatory for all applications:
5. Fingerprint cards - both the blue and green cards with a cashiers check or money order payable to "DPS" for $19.25 AND a check or money order payable to "DPS" for $50.00.
6. Check or money order for $70.00 payable to DPS for application.

I'm going to call to confirm, but it looks like it would essentially cost me $300 (I have to take another safety class because mine wasn't good enough) to get a CT non-resident permit. I think I'll pass, at least for a while.

I applied for mine in September and it was $70 total,not $140.My town PD provides fingerprinting as a service and my bank's notary stamped the 3 forms in exchange for a dozen cookies.Charging for fingerprinting is pretty lame and you should just ask at your bank if you're friendly with the CSR or whomever does notarizations.

The State fee doubled as of 10/1 to $70. The local fees did not change.

I have the CT application; new fees are:
$19.25 cashiers check or money order payable to DPS ,
AND a $50 check or money order payable to DPS both with the two fingerprint cards,
AND a $70 check or money order payable to DPS for the application.

And several of the documents need to be notarized as well...

Back
Top Bottom