conservation lands in norton warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats nice that you think your own buddy is a raving idiot. Look we all can't be godly in our knowledge of all the laws and exceptions and by laws not a chance. I am an electrician not a lawyer I do my very best to abide by the laws set forth but if you want me to believe you have not ever once broken one of the laws on hunting or firearms in MA even as simple as a slip of the mind you sir are insane. The guy screwed up maybe he interpreted the law about hunting hours to mean you have to be back by then because I sure as hell did. It says hunting hours are blank-blank, not "yea so don't worry just hang in the woods all night just be unloaded". Maybe if instead of calling anyone who doesn't know the laws an idiot sight unseen and better educate them as to what they really mean by what the law states we would bridge some of the divide in our community as hunters and gun owners. It is people like you who immediatly turn on other gun owners the second they trip and say they are morons and give us a bad name that drive people away from asking questions about laws and getting into this in the first place. We shouldn't ridicule the people who don't know we should teach them the right way. If you are that perfect and don't need all the lesser men fine this was just a heads up thread to let people know they need to be careful out there so everyone goes out kills an animal has a good time and comes home happy and healthy at the end of the hunt thats all.

Maybe you dont think it is important to know what the laws are and how to follow them in order to keep your ass out of hot water. I do.

Am I holier than thou? No, just better educated and more responsible for my own actions.

As for the dumbass in the parking lot Mass requires new hunters to take hunters education. These basic laws would have been covered extensively. Maybe he should have payed better attention. Unless he was grandfathered then he should have known better.

As for my "moron friend" Later that year in Mass, hunting with two other buddies of mine he fired multiple times at a deer running down a dirt road with a house directly behind the line of fire with a guy in his front yard. The house was not more than 75 yards from him and the guy was less than that. We dont hunt with him any more.

Any more smart alec questions?

These basic laws would have been covered extensively. Maybe he should have payed better attention. Unless he was grandfathered then he should have known better.
The class is unnecessary, the main laws are brief and written in the yearly hunting manual that comes with your license. It's a shame people have to pay and waste hours of their life for this new law. It doesn't make going hunting any more enticing for the average Joe and it is a real deterrent. I'm just glad I was "grandfathered-in." Just as others are glad they have the good chance of living in a "green" town.

What if I wanted to carry my shotgun loaded until I got near the parking lot for protection against a pack of coyotes or a bear who just woke up and is pissed off. Similarly, what if somebody carried a blackpowder handgun concealed and was walking around after dark... and had a hunting license in his wallet... is he hunting?? What if you legally took a stroll through the woods late at night and decided to bring along a shotgun for protection, are you hunting?? No! What do they think defines "hunting" -wearing orange??

in those cases you explain that you were coyote hunting, hours for wich don't end until midnight. shotguns in any legal deer config with any legal deer ammo in it is fine for coyote at night.

shouldn't have to explain anything, or have to talk your way out of a fine.
in those cases you explain that you were coyote hunting, hours for wich don't end until midnight. shotguns in any legal deer config with any legal deer ammo in it is fine for coyote at night.

Unfortunately, you're only allowed to blindly shoot at coyotes with no larger than .22lr and without flashlights or nightvision after dark. The MA lawyers and politicians are convinced this way is much safer.[thinking]

Unfortunately, you're only allowed to blindly shoot at coyotes with no larger than .22lr and without flashlights or nightvision after dark. The MA lawyers and politicians are convinced this way is much safer.[thinking]

Wrong, you are only allowed to use .22lr RIFLES, or less than .38spl HANDGUNS. you can also use Compound bows, and shotguns after dark.

shouldn't have to explain anything, or have to talk your way out of a fine.

Im not saying you should have to talk your way out of anything, or that any of thes rules make any sense. But in his examples you are still 100% legal walking around in the woods with a loaded gun. Explaining or not, they can't touch you.

The class is unnecessary, the main laws are brief and written in the yearly hunting manual that comes with your license.

Apparently it is neccessary when you have nincompoops like the guy in the parking lot who apparently cant find his ass from his elbow. I wonder how many more dumbasses like him are wandering around the woods. I would bet his species is more and more numerous the closer you get to boston.....

What if I wanted to carry my shotgun loaded until I got near the parking lot for protection against a pack of coyotes or a bear who just woke up and is pissed off.

Apparently you have not encountered many coyotes or bears. I have encountered many of both species and they all run away when they see you.
Anyone that walks around in fear of them is extremely ignorant.

As for people walking around in the woods with long guns for "protection" in the woods during deer season, are you Fing kidding me??? There is no need. Aren't there much more logical choices?

If your in the woods during deer season with a shotgun loaded with slugs your hunting. Quit making rediculous arguements.

So someone with a rifle in the woods is hunting, same as someone having a couple of guns is hoarding an arsenal. People here can be so disappointing. I agree the need for a gun for critter protection in the NE woods is very, very, very unlikely, but how is that different from saying someone doesn't need a handgun for protection in fancy suburbs? As originally intended the 2A is an absolute right, stop being stupid and accepting bureaucratic limitations as just. Sure follow the rules to stay out of trouble but don't be stupid and believe they are reasonable.
Apparently you have not encountered many coyotes or bears. I have encountered many of both species and they all run away when they see you.
Anyone that walks around in fear of them is extremely ignorant.

As for people walking around in the woods with long guns for "protection" in the woods during deer season, are you Fing kidding me??? There is no need. Aren't there much more logical choices?

If your in the woods during deer season with a shotgun loaded with slugs your hunting. Quit making rediculous arguements.

Maybe you dont think it is important to know what the laws are and how to follow them in order to keep your ass out of hot water. I do.

Am I holier than thou? No, just better educated and more responsible for my own actions.

As for the dumbass in the parking lot Mass requires new hunters to take hunters education. These basic laws would have been covered extensively. Maybe he should have payed better attention. Unless he was grandfathered then he should have known better.

As for my "moron friend" Later that year in Mass, hunting with two other buddies of mine he fired multiple times at a deer running down a dirt road with a house directly behind the line of fire with a guy in his front yard. The house was not more than 75 yards from him and the guy was less than that. We dont hunt with him any more.

Any more smart alec questions?

Actually you are pretty much putting it in writing that you are better than others and have never made a mistake. I am 25 years old I am sorry that I was not born with a refined copy of the retarded MA gun laws shoved up my ass. I do study the laws and keep myself out of trouble the point I am trying to make is that people like you who would not teach but just bash other people and further tarnish the hunting and gun owner community are a cancer to us. Yes you are very well versed in the hunting and firearms laws, and no you shouldn't just label those not on par with your skill as "idiots" if people like you took 5 seconds to tell people not in the know then maybe we wouldn't have as many of these "morons" walking around. One thing I have learned in my young life of hunting and firearms collecting is you wont find a group more divided and weak as the hunting community and firearms community we wonder why we can win a simple election? We don't need a bunch of our own people running around crapping on people who should be looked at as just like us. We need more people actually supporting eachother instead of feeding them to the wolves every time they stumble like the weak one of the pack. I know there are some people that are just that ignorant that they don't wanna learn the right way and don't care, this guy wasn't one of them. If I see someone struggling with the laws I help them to the best of my ability all I have seen from you on here is just calling people unethical and morons never actually saying "no here is the real way it is ment to be". All I am saying is maybe alittle bit more assistance to people who need it instead of driving people away could help all of us. MA sucks hard with all the laws and rules we are all stuck in this crap together there is no reason I can see to make it worse by degrading people who honestly don't know.

You're young, you will learn, and you will lose patience with the intelligence challenged (idiots) as you mature.... This is Mass and this state is full of morons. How do you think we got the stupid laws we have?

I am not better than anyone here. I never said I was, you are making an assumption. You know what they say about assumptions don't you? I do believe taking personal responsibility for my own actions though. I ensure that I don’t make mistakes that put me in violation of the law. I value my freedoms enough to be thorough and detail orientated and knowing what I can and what I cannot do legally when enjoying one of my favorite activities, deer hunting.

Now you can sit there like a good little liberal and get your panties all in a wad about "how" I said what I said and how I may have slandered the unfortunate intellectual ungifted souls we spoke about. Or you can be a good conservative, throw out your useless emotional reaction, and take the facts I provided and use them to your advantage. It’s your choice.

I always get a kick out of people with your outlook, who actually believe that those who take "personal responsibility" can conform perfectly to the law as it exists today. Well, here's a few tidbits of mine after a whole career in public safety. If I tailed you for a day, I could easily find an arrestable offense. It wouldn't be very difficult and it probably wouldn't take me a whole day. Glockstones is completely correct in his post #42. There was a time when the gun community tried to help each other. Hell, there used to be a time when law enforcement tried to help the little guy too. Now, it is hit-or-miss. Frankly, there is too much miss these days, with tin-horn wannabe ball busters everywhere and it's wrong. You really think it is so easy following the law?? Why don't you envision that you are Brian Aitken in New Jersey, who stepped all over himself trying to comply with a gun transportation law, actually complied and now faces 7 years in prison. And for what???

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, probably due to my career choice, but some of the statements you have made here make me want to vomit.

You're young, you will learn, and you will lose patience with the intelligence challenged (idiots) as you mature.... This is Mass and this state is full of morons. How do you think we got the stupid laws we have?

I am not better than anyone here. I never said I was, you are making an assumption. You know what they say about assumptions don't you? I do believe taking personal responsibility for my own actions though. I ensure that I don’t make mistakes that put me in violation of the law. I value my freedoms enough to be thorough and detail orientated and knowing what I can and what I cannot do legally when enjoying one of my favorite activities, deer hunting.

Now you can sit there like a good little liberal and get your panties all in a wad about "how" I said what I said and how I may have slandered the unfortunate intellectual ungifted souls we spoke about. Or you can be a good conservative, throw out your useless emotional reaction, and take the facts I provided and use them to your advantage. It’s your choice.

I always get a kick out of people with your outlook, who actually believe that those who take "personal responsibility" can conform perfectly to the law as it exists today. Well, here's a few tidbits of mine after a whole career in public safety. If I tailed you for a day, I could easily find an arrestable offense. It wouldn't be very difficult and it probably wouldn't take me a whole day.
I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, probably due to my career choice, but some of the statements you have made here make me want to vomit.

Vomit away, it may improve the quality and intellegence of the content coming out of your mouth.

Or maybe your just one of the morons... Scary thought that you do or have ever held a badge.

Dont look now but there are black helicoptors behind you....

Correct me if I am wrong, you being a law officer and all. This post started with a guy bashing another law officer for doing her job, and ignorantly catagorizing her as being "not freindly to hunters". An accusation several people here already refuted. She fined an individual for doing something almost all idiots would know not to do.

Do you support that?

Last edited:

It doesn't matter if there is a "need" or not. Being able to protect myself with a firearm of my choosing is a RIGHT. Just because a bunch of a**h***s in MA gov believe every guy in the woods with a rifle is only out to jack deer, that should not infringe on my rights..... period end.

I'll probably never carry a rifle around in the woods for "protection" much like I don't usually ever open carry.... but I should have the right to do either, and that right should not be infringed by the law, or typical misapplication of those laws.

This often implied nostrum that anyone in the woods with a gun is hunting, is basically almost a form of precrime. Gun owners have enough of that crap to deal with as it is. From what I've seen of the laws it doesn't appear that the judicial test to determine whether or not someone is "engaged in hunting" has a very high bar to reach. Of course, this issue is often ignored by most as it is a corner case....

-Mike

There may never have been an actual need for a law...or even if there was one, it went "full retard" when the law was actually drafted. most malum prohibitum type crap results as some douchebag that said "bweaaah theyre ought to be a law about that... baaaaa!" etc. Half of gun and hunting regs are probably written by people who have never fired a gun in their lives or hunted animals for that matter.

To put things in perspective- most of the laws we're talking about here were probably written by people who dislike our activities and way of life- and they created these laws without any consideration as to actual merit. Some laws make sense- "you can't shoot too many deer there is a bag limit" ok, fine, that's logical. Then you get to things like "you can't cross the road with a loaded gun!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!" or "You can't have a big handgun in the woods wherever mammals are found when its dark out" like who came up with this crap? It could only be moonbats.

-Mike

Any time you hunt, buy a gun, or go shooting in MA be sure to bring an attorney along to make sure you don't do anything wrong!

Scary that I ever had a badge??? I'll let others be the judge of that, certainly not you. At least I can look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I never busted anyone's nuts for kicks or for unintentional, technical violations. Frankly, who gives a crap and what great service to society is achieved by unloading in the woods versus unloading in a parking lot?? With all the real crime going on in society, this is important?? I think not.

As for black helicopters, I keenly note that you failed to fully quote my post, only what served your purpose, nor did you address the NJ case that I referenced. I suggest you read up on that case. Maybe someday, something similar may befall you and you can make all the smart comments you want about following all the laws while they cart you away.

Vomit away, it may improve the quality and intellegence of the content coming out of your mouth.

Or maybe your just one of the morons... Scary thought that you do or have ever held a badge.

Dont look now but there are black helicoptors behind you....

Correct me if I am wrong, you being a law officer and all. This post started with a guy bashing another law officer for doing her job, and ignorantly catagorizing her as being "not freindly to hunters". An accusation several people here already refuted. She fined an individual for doing something almost all idiots would know not to do.

Do you support that?

Scary that I ever had a badge??? I'll let others be the judge of that, certainly not you. At least I can look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I never busted anyone's nuts for kicks or for unintentional, technical violations. Frankly, who gives a crap and what great service to society is achieved by unloading in the woods versus unloading in a parking lot?? With all the real crime going on in society, this is important?? I think not.

As for black helicopters, I keenly note that you failed to fully quote my post, only what served your purpose, nor did you address the NJ case that I referenced. I suggest you read up on that case. Maybe someday, something similar may befall you and you can make all the smart comments you want about following all the laws while they cart you away.

fruitloops_2.jpg

Frankly, who gives a crap and what great service to society is achieved by unloading in the woods versus unloading in a parking lot?? With all the real crime going on in society, this is important?? I think not.

Hey Einstein, she is an EPO. Enviromental police officer if you cant figure that out. Her salary and the rest of her departments budgets come out of dedicated funds generated by the sales of our states fishing and hunting licenses and the matching federal Roberts Pittman act funds (which are generated from taxes on hunting and fishing equipment nationally).

Their job is to enforce enviromental laws, hunting and fishing regulations primarily. We do not pay them to concentrate on you call "real crimes".
I think not.

Apparently thinking is not your strong suit You really should quit trying.

Being "godlike" is impossible because god is an imaginary crutch the weak use to try to give themselves a reason to try to behave....

I think this one has pretty much jumped the shark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom