Concord Show Sept 1st (Labor Day weekend)

Got there early, was surprised with the line to get in as we queued up 35 minutes to get in. First timer and it was different than the typical train show, prices were not all that great, never bothered to haggle. Picked up some illegal 30 ar15 mags.... Was impressed with the WWII era stuff as I've never seen so some much at one venue. Again a little on the pricey side. Smelly crowds? Yup there were a couple. Are these the same folks that do the show in MA?

Saw and drooled a lot over M1As and SS.... Again prices were not that great... Should I have haggled? Are these considered "long guns" and sellable to a Ma**h***?

I did make my first trip to Riley's and was very impressed. Ended up purchasing a Eotech HWS for reasonable $$$ and no MA sales tax. Happy day!

Last edited:
I should have stuck to my normal routine, I got to the show later than normal, I walked in the opposite direction than normal. I found a guy that had bought a russian sks, I dont know what he paid but it was a nice 52. he showed it to me. no black bolt but XXXd stock. Bby time i got to the other side , I saw a couple buying another russian (1955/56) for $385. not a bad price and on the low side for a russian. you can end up paying more for a Yugo these days.
I missed them both because I was off my normal routine.

I also saw on the far side, 2nd row from the opposite wall (with Pelham collectors and their usual gun racks) a Cherry's Yugo SKS still in cosmolene. Cherry's imported the best SKSs. This was nice at $385. I considerred offering less. I have done ok getting them to come down on price at the show and seen other do it as well.
At $350-$360, it would have been a steal compared to what is out there at today's prices. At $385, I would have bought it if i didn't have 3 already. It was all i could do to leave it there. I almost offered $340 and hoped they would not take it, but chickened out. I really didn't want it/ sorta.

I saw at least 3 K31s at around $325 if you were looking.

Like every show, it depends on what you are looking for. for the Milsurp crowd, it was ok. None of these were killer deals but they were good to very good.

On the other side, I saw many WASR-10s at $550-$600. Not what i consider a great deal but must be the new normal.

I bought some targets and negotiated a good deal on 300 rounds of 45 ACP with the reload guy that I always buy from.

Last edited:
I arrived at about 8:30 AM and got in line. Was inside by 9:15 AM. Picked up a new black leather belt from Andy Langois (thanks Andy). Fits great...he more or less finishes it up right there at the booth. Got some Magpul furniture in OD for an AR-15. Also picked up some more .308 mags for my PTR rifle. Finally, bought 1000 rounds of 9mm (brass) for $200. More people there than I thought would be there.

Gotta get there early to avoid the traffic and crowds.

I got there at 8:40. I parked near the picnic tables, put my helmet and sweatshirt away and had my coffee and crackers breakfast. The end of the line was farther away than I wanted to walk so I sat on the grass and waited for the line to shrink before I went in. I don't know where all the people in line went but once I got inside there didn't seem to be too many people in the aisles. Everyone must have been in the crapper because about 5 minutes later I was trapped in a sea of people much taller than me and unable to hear the words excuse me can I get through.

I found 2 boxes of 32 winchester special for $10 each. I picked up a box of cci small pistol primers cheap that I found buried under some old ammo. I already posted a rant about gun show dealers in the general discusion area if you're dying to know more about my experience today.

Well lets see. My friend and I arrived here about 0840.Line was long.Got in the line at 0855.Got into the show at 0920.I met Andy. which was nice.I will agree only ok deals I saw was on some milsurp rifles, Some decent priced Nagant 91/30s.And I think one or two decent Mausers.But other than that.Some crazy high prices on guns and ammo as well.I did not find anything I could not get somewhere else for much less.But you nver know what you might find at the show.David

Last edited:
This was my first show and all I can say is meh. What I did like was overpriced and I can get similar stuff through other sources. Not sure if I'll bother going again.

Well traffic at the Hooksett Tolls was backed up for a mile or more this AM, road construction and folks heading up on vacation made the trip worse than usual.

Got to the show ~11AM and left ~1:45PM and only because I was talking with Andy Langlois (real nice stuff!) and the guy with the clay pigeon holders at great length. Chatted with Atty Evan Nappen for a few minutes, Mike from Eastern Security and Jeff who had "stored" the NES Porsche for the past year. I wore the NES Porsche Shoot shirt and didn't see anyone else from NES.

Angry Steve from NY was the only real ammo dealer there and he had the same ammo cans with Federal .223 for $225 . . . that Walmart sells for $164 (except they fly out the door faster than they arrive at WM). I saw a few good ammo and primer prices (Glenn Sorensen), a few milsurp rifles at decent prices, stacks of .50 cal ammo cans for $10, but that's about it. Noticed that almost all Glock mags were priced at $40 each! (no I wasn't looking for which ones are pre-ban or not, just browsing for price trends). AR and AK mags were fairly priced.

ETA: Funny side-light, stopped at WM in Concord after the show to see if they had any of the Fed .223 ammo cans, nope sold out all 3 last week. Spotted two guys walking into the store and back out, one wearing exposed mag holders and holster. On the way out I noticed that the holster was empty . . . I was tempted to stop him and let him know that his gun was missing. [rofl] Then I noticed them get into a car with MA plates. Oh well! BTW, nobody in the store apparently blinked and no SWAT team descended on the place. NH is not like MA!! [smile]

Last edited:
Show was normal....I was there alone this time which was kinda nice not having to track down anyone.

Made the mistake of talking to a group of MA guys behind me....smelled like they just left Fenway Pahk and acted like it.

Just books for me.

We got there closer to 2PM. It was quiet. One minute line to get in, and some decent ammo deals from the usual suspects. In particular some CCI 22LR bricks and 223/308 match ammo (both PPU and Federal GMM) were about 10% lower than most mail order pricing, and some very good pricing on Radway Green 7.62x51. Some other stuff at good prices. Had a good talk with Lars from Umlaut. There were a few good deals on knives from a couple of new-to-me custom makers, and Andy was there with his holsters and slings, too. After trying out Andy's Rhodesian sling, I'm ordering up one from him this weekend. All in all, it was worth going as we don't tend to go looking to buy guns, just ammo and accessories. There were a lot of MA cars jamming up the road (every onramp had them jockeying to cut off the mergers), but the route we take has us on the highway for only about 5mi, so... Scenic drive and early dinner at Barley House... Pretty good day.

Hey is anybody there selling ammo cans at a decent price in decent shape?

I snagged one, woulda got more had I felt like lugging them out to the truck and had I not just recently scored 4 on a SG deal. OK to good shape, $10

There was plenty of them around noon when I got mine.

I stopped by on my way to Enfield and ran into Fred.....the other Fred. What hit me as I walked in around 12:30 was the smell. It was like a gym that had been closed up for a year with wet towels. Man it was nasty.

A VZ24 Instructor was taken in trade by the guy I work part time for, Stoney Acre sports. The bore is shot out by the looks of it.

Looked around for about 15 minutes, and ran out and puked from the smell. Only kidding. Rode to Enfield, then off to Vermont for a ride in the mountains. I just got back. What a gorgeous day for a motorcycle ride. I know off topic but this was the first Concord show I said NO I wont work on labor day weekend.

Saw some over priced stuff. Riley s ammo was priced well but 1K rounds of 556 would not fit in my saddle bags.

Oh I almost forgot, I put a deposit on a 22 caliber Sturmgewehr 44. Yup I just had to do it. I cant afford the 4K one in the original caliber[sad]. This rifle is all metal parts, and real wood . Comes in a wooden crate with the word Sturmgewehr burnt onto the case. I know its only 22 caliber but what the hell.

Attachments

• product_GERGSTG44.jpeg
    product_GERGSTG44.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thanks to all who came and harassed me! It was great to finally meet some of you, see some of you again and I appreciate the business!

Andy

Did anyone see those Italian rifles? Did anyone catch who the vendor was? Not sure if these are worth anything, but there is some interest in the family regarding these....

Did anyone see those Italian rifles? Did anyone catch who the vendor was? Not sure if these are worth anything, but there is some interest in the family regarding these....

Which Italian rifles are you talking about? The antique one I saw was WAY over priced. There is a guy on Gunboards who has been trying to sell his for months.

There is no such thing as an ammo deal at this show. There is some good stuff available from the individuals there, but the "professionals" that are there get stupid money for their ammo.

Oh I almost forgot, I put a deposit on a 22 caliber Sturmgewehr 44. Yup I just had to do it. I cant afford the 4K one in the original caliber[sad]. This rifle is all metal parts, and real wood . Comes in a wooden crate with the word Sturmgewehr burnt onto the case. I know its only 22 caliber but what the hell.

Awesome. Did you get to fondle one at the show? A lot of members on here are trying to buy one but most sites are sold out.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

There is no such thing as an ammo deal at this show. There is some good stuff available from the individuals there, but the "professionals" that are there get stupid money for their ammo.

What[hmmm]....have you priced ammunition lately....who are the "professionals" ...I must be missing something. The 556 Riley s had was cheaper than any other dealer I have seen !

It be nice if we could get a gun shop to take orders for us or some thing like that... I just feel weird going in to gun stores and asking then to order stuff it's like they don't want to ...

Send it!

Awesome. Did you get to fondle one at the show? A lot of members on here are trying to buy one but most sites are sold out.
Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

Yes I did get to fondle one, the only one!!!!!!!Eugene from Stateline guns had one so I dropped a deposit quick . As you stated there are few to be found. The rifle appears from the exterior anyway to be very well built. The fit and finish is excellent. The wood is very nice and the wooden crate is a bonus.

Eugene has always found me the hard to find items. he , like most dealers from New Hampshire are great folks. He has ALWAYS given me great deals.

Yeah I believe they are extremely well made, as Jeff points out here in this great review:

There is a 10 round magazine version available if you live somewhere that your government does not trust you to have more than 10 rounds in your 22 rifle
(1:52) [rofl] [crying]

Last edited by a moderator:
It be nice if we could get a gun shop to take orders for us or some thing like that... I just feel weird going in to gun stores and asking then to order stuff it's like they don't want to ...

Send it!

Then you're going to the wrong gun shop. So long as you offer pay on order, the proprietor should be grateful. I could understand their unwillingness to special order something though and risk being stuck holding the bag, so just offer to pay up front.

I have purchased a lot of C&R stuff from Gene over the years,I remember when it was just him and a small table,and Ed his helper would roam around trying to sell a rifle FTP before he hooked up with Gene.

Now they have a couple of cutie girls working the paperwork.

What[hmmm]....have you priced ammunition lately....who are the "professionals" ...I must be missing something. The 556 Riley s had was cheaper than any other dealer I have seen !

Riley's...absolutely they decent prices on some stuff...the "professionals" are what I call the guys who are at every gun show with the same over priced boxes of the same ammo they have been dragging in and out of the shows fior the last year. Now, you have to hunt those good deals down at the shows like Teddy Kennedy used to hunt down Chivas.....

Which Italian rifles are you talking about? The antique one I saw was WAY over priced. There is a guy on Gunboards who has been trying to sell his for months.

Took me some cycles to get these off the iPhone... Was really tempted to purchase, but since I'm a noob at buying this old stuff, thought I'd ask the forum. I know its not Russian, Jap or German... but it would still be cool to have. Shootable? I would hope so...

Jim

WWII_Italian_Carbine_tag.jpg Last Import - 06.jpg

Last edited:
Took me some cycles to get these off the iPhone... Was really tempted to purchase, but since I'm a noob at buying this old stuff, thought I'd ask the forum. I know its not Russian, Jap or German... but it would still be cool to have. Shootable? I would hope so...

Jim

View attachment 38943View attachment 38944

Jim, first its over priced. As to ammunition it would depend what caliber it is. 6.5??? Even with the tag marked 6.5 some of the sellers are wrong. Go on GB and look around. You can find them. If your lucky maybe you will find a SA marked one. =Finn captured.

Opps[slap] really bad goof on my part considering I collect Finn rifles...I blame it on age..[rofl]

Again do appreciate the help... Do want to "play" in the WWII market for fun... not much profit as who is kidding who... I just don't want to snookered.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom