Concord, NH

I'll be there when it opens on Saturday morning with my Dad. The ladies will be preparing a lobster, steamers and steak cookout and I'm thinking what will go better with all that good stuff then a nice trip to a gun show first. [wink] Plus it gets us out of the house and away from the frenzied preperation. They don't want us around and in there way for that part anyway, so I've been told. Double win!!!!

Ohhhhhh........cookout......south central, ma........right next door to me.............hmmmmmm..Lobster, steamers..........
hint hint.........

I normally would go but I'll have a new #1 on order by this weekend and a .41 mag Bisley at KTP to pick up as well. Kinda depleats enough of the gun funds to make Concord worth while.

Might go Saturday to pick up some .22 pellets from the CT airgun guy that usually shows up. If not, there's always the Marlboro show on the 25 of Sept.

Joe R.

Noob question

I live in the People's Republic. What's the law regarding what we can and cant do at an out of state show? Do just handguns require the transfer paperwork, or all firearms? Thanks.

Could we publish the address of the cookout !!!!!!!

But unfortunatly I'll be at Reading's Garand match Saturday...Any chance for leftovers??????

Last edited:
I live in the People's Republic. What's the law regarding what we can and cant do at an out of state show? Do just handguns require the transfer paperwork, or all firearms? Thanks.

Long guns can be purchased directly. It is YOUR responsibility
however, to ensure that what you're buying (to bring back into
MA) is AWB compliant. Sellers typically do check for an FID or
MA LTC, however, so make sure you bring it if you think you're
going to buy anything. When you bring the gun back into
MA you must file an FA-10 form with the state within (7?) days,
and register it.

Handguns have to be transfered to an MA FFL and generally
aren't worth the effort on an out of MA show, since a large
portion of the handguns sold at an NH gun show are not going
to be MA compliant/importable anyways.

-Mike

Slim,

Do some reading of the Gun Laws stickies.

Short story is:

- Long guns can be bought in any state that will allow it (ie MA does not allow NRs to buy anything) AND that will be legal in the buyer's home state (thus you must have the proper class LTC/FID). [This confusion leads a lot of non-MA dealers to claim that they can't sell semi-autos to MA residents if the gun is a hi-cap gun by design.]

- Handguns can only be purchased in your state of residence, which means it has to go thru a MA FFL and meet the EOPS List and AG's regs (unless exempt from them). Only exception is if the buyer holds an FFL (e.g. I have a C&R FFL so I could buy a C&R handgun in NH and bring it home).

- ALL guns so obtained must have an FA-10 filed on them upon return to MA. You follow the instructions on the form cover sheet for a REGISTRATION (no info on "seller").

I'll go if you go...I'm thinking if I go I should bring my super secret undercover LEO badge to get me to the front of the line..Ya know,like official business and such assorted things.I can pretend I'm a LEO and scare people into submission.

OK, Roger that. Sounds like a legend in your own mind. Wonderful.
Bring two. I'll be in camo so nobody will see me.

Concord shopping list

I'm heading up to look for Dillon 550 parts/accessories and lots of ammo cans. Any idea what 50 cal. cans are going for? I'll need about 25-30 of them to store everything from my recent shopping frienzy. 15K in the last 2 months[smile].
The UPS guy gives me the dirtiest looks as he's lugging cases of ammo up the stairs every other day.[angry]
And I just keep telling the wife, "It's an investment!"[laugh]

Got back from the show. A fairly typical Concord Gunshow. Lars from 50Beowulf.com had a 50 Beowulf upper for around $600 and a 6.5 Grendel upper for about $650 (give or take $50). Considering how hard those are to get these days, I was surprised. Lots of over priced milsurps (par for the course). When I was there, the ammo guy did not have any 5.56 at all (I don't know if he had any earlier in the day).

I just keep telling the wife, "It's an investment!"

A great investment. Think how you have made out if you bought a load of 7.62 surplus a few years back at $130 a case. Today they are worth in the neighborhood of $500. Better than a CD!!!

The Military Surplus store in Rt. 125 in Brentwood anyways has 30 and 50 cal ammo cans. The were in the area of $7.00 each a few months back. In quantity you might do better than that.

Saw Gerry, Greg, Deena, and Len. It was great to see you all. They had some nice AR uppers there...

I think they need a little bit of a larger venue for that show. It was crowded.

It was definitely crowded, but overall I thought it was a pretty decent show. My Dad and I got there a 9:10am and the line was huge, but it moved pretty quick. We struck up a conversation with a guy who was going on a caraboo hunt in Quebec next month. Sounds like that will be a great time for him.

At the third table on the right as you enter I found a guy selling 30-06 in enbloc clips for $1.25 per enbloc. He had an ammo can full. After a little haggling I got the full can for $30. Basically it's 264 rnds of 30-06 with RA 57 as the head stamp. I believe it's Remington Arms. It may be a little old, but for $30 I'm thinking I found a pretty decent deal. If the ammo sucks, well I got a nice ammo can and 33 enblocs.

The NY guys ammo was priced pretty steep, so I passed on it as prices at FS and NE Trading Post are better. Gun prices as usual were high. Was looking for a CZ-82 or a Rossi lever rifle in 357. Didn't find either.

Great seeing Derek, meeting Angie and the little one. Got a chance to chat with Sam Cohen & Annie and a number of very nice NH folks (including two NH State Reps - friends of Sam). Hopefully a few of these folks will join us here on NES. Missed a bunch of folks that were there, but I'm a "heads down" guy at gun shows. Only bought one box of S&B .40 ($9) and a 1911 wrench for $2, but my Wife insisted that we buy two Fenix flashlights for $92!

Attendance was large, and price's were high. Ammo is scarce and expensive.

We should have all gotten together with Len S for breakfast?

I here that he was buying.

Ammo was pricey - even the Taiwanese .30-06. The only things I saw that was interesting and could buy was the M91 Mosin ( $425 was alittle high for me ) and a Mauser with Danzig on the receiver. That one didn't have a price tag on it and the dealer was more interested in talking with his buddy than paying attention to customers. Both rifles were dated 1915.

Stopped at Riley's on the way back and saw an air rifle I might have bought if it didn't have a bent barrel.

Joe R<

Greg was walking around like a monk the whole time scoffing up most of the ammo bargains. I got a few and some .30cal. bullets. With the price of .308/7.62 NATO M80 ball ammo, I started hand loading again a few months back so I'm on a scourge for bullets. The crowd was unbelievable for a hall of that size. Went to Riley's afterwards and got a nice Leupold scope for one of the FAL's. No bargains on scopes at the show. Guess I did OK.

The crowd was unbelievable for a hall of that size.

Crowd was actually a little light for a Concord show because of the fine weather. The April show at 10:30A Saturday was much tighter packed than last weekend. Business was okay for us. Sold a 1919 and a Serbu, though, along with some rifles and a couple of handguns and ARs. Accessory sales were good.

Back
Top Bottom