September 2-3, 2006

April 14-15, 2007
September 1-2, 2007

Saturday 9 to 5
Sunday 9 to 2

ADMISSION $7.00
CHILDREN UNDER 12 FREE WITH ADULT
BUY SELL TRADE

I usually go to the April one. It's usually a very nice day and it's a good drive there and a stop at Reilly's is mandatory.

Joe R.

I'm planning on going if the weather is nice. Not sure why really since all my $ is going towrds a new #1 at the end of the month anyways.

ah yes lake Winnipesaukee lake ya word of advice never try to land a 4 person plane on the ICE up there on the lake bed. no matter how much you and your crazy ass uncle think how fun and cool it would be. ya first attempted way to fast could not stop in time had to take off becuase applying breaks on an ice bed doesnt work to well and we are not light guys in the plane. also sorry to the fisherman that looked out side his ICE fishing hut and saw us coming we did not mean to do a fly by so close [grin]. also sucked that my uncles friend crashed taking off this year and drove into a truck when he ran off the run way.

opps sorry got off topic. ya i want to had up on the sunday and take a look.

I'll be going with a buddy who is looking to pick up a Ruger Red Label 20 Gauge (if anyone wants to sell one for a good (cheap) price). Unfortunately, I owe some taxes and will be trying to sell some of my ammo stash and a Mossberg 500. See my ads in the classifieds.

Can you just bring a gun to sell it? I have an Anschutz 1413 in mint condition with all the accessories....might be hard to find a buyer for such a specialized piece, though....its too much gun for the light target shooting im going to be doing these days....perfect gun for a 3pos smallbore shooter.

I'll also be wandering around on saturday looking for a .357 revolver. If you see a goofy looking guy in a brown coat, a blue NRA cap and bad posture, that's probably me.

Yes. You can bring a gun to sell. Just walk around with it and people will walk up to you and ask you. Or you can put a small flag on the gun "For Sale - $100". The action of the gun will have one of those zip-ties put in it to make sure you don't shoot anyone.[laugh] This will be done when you pay to go in.

I just came back from the Show. It was a pretty normal show for Concord. The Ammo Guy was there. Looks like 7.62X39 was in short supply ($170 or $180 per 1,000 for steel case stuff). Wolf .223 was $199/1000. M193 was $6.00 per box.

Decent selection of handguns, rifles and misc. Stuff. I saw a lot of people with guns to sell walking around. I walked out with one 30 round Pmag to try out from Lars at Umlaut Arms (of 50Beowulf.com fame). My buddy got a deal on a Ruger Red Label.

A good time was had by all.

Conspiracy with the price of .223,for some reason it was .30 a round at every dealer.I was surprised to see SA 5.56 in BP's..for $90..LOL I should sell all mine and get a Ducati at those prices.I did pick up a Magpul CTR from Lars,been wanting one of those for a while now...Also got some .30 AP for .20 a round.

Half the people there figured bathing within the last week was an option.

All in all,I don't know if I'll be going to gunshows anymore.The price fixing between competitiors and dealers selling CMP branded 30-06 just got me sick.CMP shit is supposed to be for us lowly peons,and these guys are buying it and reselling the crap at a profit...

I wonder why Rileys doesn't sell the CMP branded LC at the store,there has to be some reason...

Last edited:
I decided not to go. I know a gun I'd been looking for was floating around the NH and VT shows but I'm really wanting a particualr model/chambering right now so this other one has to wait. Going would have been too darn tempting. I'm pretty sure my brother had tables there anyways so if I really needed anything I could've called him. Maybe next time.

I wasn't there long, made a couple loops around but was having a hard time checking stuff out, so I booked it over to Riley's to make my purchase.

I was there from noon-one. Fully packed at that time. Looking for an 03A3 Springfield and didn't find one. Seriouly considered a mock paratrooper M1 Carbine(Schmeisser folding stock) until my son smacked me on the back of the head. One thing that horrified me was the number of people pointing firearms at others while inspecting them.

I was thinking about going today but after watching the weather reports I didn't really need anything to brave the weather.

Hopefully everyone safety checks the chamber before examination. One accident and the venues will dump the shows in a heartbeat.

I got up this morning fully expecting to go. Even though I knew it was going to be a crappy day I was looking foward to checking it out. That is until I looked outside and seen the car covered with a film of wet snow and it was also pouring rain. Went right back to bed.

It's noon now and the wife and I are still in bed relaxing. She's watching the travel channel and I'm perusing the internet on the laptop.

Staying home was definitely a great choice!!!!!

Conspiracy with the price of .223,for some reason it was .30 a round at every dealer.I was surprised to see SA 5.56 in BP's..for $90..LOL I should sell all mine and get a Ducati at those prices.I did pick up a Magpul CTR from Lars,been wanting one of those for a while now...Also got some .30 AP for .20 a round.

Have you read the ammo price sticky on arfcom lately? .223 is off
the wall even for discounted internet vendors. I don't think this is
"price fixing" so much as it is the demand being high. I realize the
prices suck but I wouldn't go so far as to call it fixing... when demand is
stiff people start scurrying around and buying up new old stock, and then
once that is run out, the field gets leveled. The only way to get a
deal these days is to find someone outside of the normal commercial
market. (eg, gun store that is closing, estate sale, etc. ) or if you know
someone that is a heavy reloader.

Half the people there figured bathing within the last week was an option.

[rofl] Reminds me of a HAMFEST..... And I used to think that gun shows
were better than hamfests because more people used soap.

All in all,I don't know if I'll be going to gunshows anymore.The price fixing between competitiors and dealers selling CMP branded 30-06 just got me sick.CMP shit is supposed to be for us lowly peons,and these guys are buying it and reselling the crap at a profit...

I agree that anyone selling that stuff (esp at a markup!) is
despicable...

Lately I have to agree that gun shows are a major downer. The last time
I went to a gun show, I think it was the Manchester one... and I ended up
spending most of the money I had planned on spending at Lars' table buying
magpul stuff.

Most of the time now I ask myself about 10 times if I really need anything
at a show before I bother to go. If I feel compelled to spend money
on that day I'll end up just going to one of my favorite shops, assuming
they're not at the show.

The exception for me is the Lunenburg show, but that's more because it's
almost more of a social gathering than a gun show... you end up meeting
old friends and the like there... and the food and entry fee is cheap... it also
helps that it's like 10-15 mins from my house at the most.

-Mike

Yeah, well, Greg get's a bit worked up over these things....don't you ol' pal. I got next to nothing there too. Walls and walls of people by 11:00am. I'll never go again. Take care, all.

I don't think this is
"price fixing" so much as it is the demand being high.

I'd guess that it has something to do with the war. Which is why ammo prices in general have climbed through the roof.

[rofl] Reminds me of a HAMFEST..... And I used to think that gun shows
were better than hamfests because more people used soap.

And I thought I was the only one who noticed that about hams. You should have seen the characters at the Marathon yesterday. But I digress.

Lately I have to agree that gun shows are a major downer. The last time
I went to a gun show, I think it was the Manchester one...

Does seem that there have been a shortage of bargains lately.

Gary

Evidently some dealer there, I think from NH, had a couple Ruger 31's in .257 Roberts. Anyone know by chance who had them?

??? I emailed them about the #1's and they didn't seem like they had any. Said they only had a few used guns now and none were these two Rugers. ???

Back
Top Bottom