Comp-tac Infidel holster review/photos

I needed a holster for my new gun so I decided to give Comp-tac a try. I just got my Infidel in with the newer version of the belt clip. I purchased it along with one of their kydex mag belt holsters.

626af180.jpg

0151edfe.jpg

22f759c9.jpg

First impressions: Well built, good retention with plenty of adjustment (both the gun and mag holster).The holster fits the gun as it should and there is no worry about it falling out. It was actually very tight when I got it and I needed to turn the screws out about two turns.

7f3f11cd.jpg

74e38a5a.jpg

f0a1fbc0.jpg

6b96b912.jpg

Wearability: So far so good. Granted i've only had it on for a few hours. Like most new holsters it is putting pressure on certain parts of my body im not used to so it seems a bit uncomfortable. With wear, I think this will go away mostly. I also think it can be attributed to the fact that it is being used with my P229 Elite Stainless which is very heavy.

It is most comfortable to carry just behind my hip. The problem is that the grip on the SIG is very chunky so any amount of bending at the waist and you can see it. The camo shirt is a size Large and a bit too tight to wear this setup out in public. I think if your looking for it you would know what it was, but most people would be oblivious to it. One size up should be fine.

NOTE: SHOT IN MIRROR SO PHOTOS ARE REVERSED. IT IS INDEED A RIGHT HAND HOLSTER.

a7c88d4b.jpg

714af0b9.jpg

dc3fcffe.jpg

789d34ef.jpg

I'm using a Wilderness Tactical Instructor 3-stitch belt and it is holding the holster in place without issue. The new belt clip seems much better than the original. They stay tight to the body of the holster and it is hard to accidently remove the gun with the holster.

Being kydex, the holster stays open once the gun has been removed. It is very easy to reholster your weapon with one hand.

Price is good, I got both the holster and mag holster for around $85 or so shipped. Shipping was great direct from Comp-tac. I got it within a week of me ordering it.

I plan to wear it every day this week and see how it is. As I type this I have it on and I am very happy with my purchase.

The only thing I don't like, but think it will get better as the gun fits to the holster is the plastic rubbing against the slide. This is normal, but with the stainless you can actually see the marks. It came off with just a bit of gun oil on a rag so it doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

67957e61.jpg

Stay tuned when I review my Occidential Stronghold Phoenix holster once I get it in as well.

Last edited:
Might have to check these out. I have 3 separate rigs on order with Raven and boy does it get pricey, not to mention the 4 month lead time. How are the mag carriers? Do they get a good clasp on the belt to minimize unwanted movement? Could you toss up a profile and rear photo of them? Thanks and nice pics

I have the Infidel but with belt loops... nice holster and great customer service from Comp-tac.

The mag carrier has no up and down movement at all. I am able to slide it back and forth if need be. It is very secure and I actually like it a lot.

I've been getting a few people asking how I can put a beautiful pistol like this in kydex when I see the wear marks on the slide. Honestly, I don't know. It didn't bother me much at first, but I might just wait until I get the leather holster for it instead to carry it. Something I need to think about.

Great review. As for the kydex marks... as long as they are just scuffs that don't permantly wreck the finish on the slide, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think that the kydex is abrasive, so it will probably just be surface residue left behind until the holster wears in. If they started to actually wear into the surface of the gun, though, that would be a no-go for me.

Well I think i've decided i'm still going to wear it, then decide once I have the leather holster which feels better to me and take it from there. The gun is going to get scratched and scuffed from use so who really cares.

Terminator- while the black scuffs come off without issue, i've noticed very light marks on the slide that are like marks from being holstered/drawn that don't seem to come off. This should happen with a leather holster as well, it just seems more pronounced on the kydex holster. I think i'm OK with it though as it isn't going to affect the performance or usability of the firearm.

As for the holsters, I definitely plan to try them out for my Glocks and maybe even a USP.

I've decided not to carry it anymore. Great holster, but don't want to mess up such a beautiful gun. I have a leather holster for it too and while it isn't ruining the gun its polishing parts of the slide. Its going to be a range gun for now. My decision has nothing to do with the holster, just the fact I don't want to mark up the gun.

I do plan to pick up another infidel for my USP .40.

Comp-tac has a nice IWB mag pouch they sell now too. I bought one for my G26 and it fits all of my Glock & Sig mags just fine. 1911 mags have some play (it's a large for double stack mags) but since it's IWB the pressure from the belt keeps them in place.

I use a comp-tac for IDPA and a leather holster for my every day carry, great holster, just bought another one for my G35 [grin] have a M&P one for sale matter of fact [thinking]

I've decided not to carry it anymore. Great holster, but don't want to mess up such a beautiful gun. I have a leather holster for it too and while it isn't ruining the gun its polishing parts of the slide. Its going to be a range gun for now. My decision has nothing to do with the holster, just the fact I don't want to mark up the gun.

I do plan to pick up another infidel for my USP .40.

[laugh] that's halarious! i'd never buy a SS gun for that reason. all my guns are black. [rofl][rofl]

Well I picked up this as primary carry with my Glock 30 being able to be swapped out,so I might try an Infidel for it. I'm also picking up a Theis IWB holster/mag pouch for the P239, but do like the retention of the Infidel. I'll probably use them both.

4b70d88e.jpg

adfa5708.jpg

Back
Top Bottom