comfort vs. "shootability"

MJM

I hear a lot of people saying, "this gun fits me like a glove" or variations thereof, but i have found that comfort or "fit" of the gun in my hand does not always equate accuracy or "shootabilty". I have recently switched from the comfortable M&P series to the Glock platform based on this observation. have others found that sometimes what feels good or comfortable is not always what they shoot best??

It's a pretty common thing. I've been meaning to put the different M&P backstrap sizes on the timer, but haven't gotten to it yet.

jar, as a fellow "other"-forum member, i remember toddG commenting on this as well. I have also heard others especially with the M&P series talking about shooting better with the less comfortable, for them, backstrap. i have started a side-by-side comparison of the Glock vs the M&P to see if i truly shoot one better than the other. in comparing 500 rds through both at this time through identical drills the Glock seems to be a little more accurate, for me. its not nearly as comfy as the M&P though, hence the post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom