Colorado House Democrats Pass Bill Banning AR-15s and 9mm Pistols with Threaded Barrels

She didn't.

She wrote an interpretation.

Can we please stop talking about that stupid sh*t as if it was a law?
yup, as soon as i can go to a gun shop and buy a "mass compliant" AK off the shelf

oh? what's that? no dealer in the state will touch an AR or AK (for we non-LEO types) after Maura's "interpretation?" gee... seems like her non-law had the desired effect.

but isn't MA trying to ban sales of semi auto rifles as well?
Dont they ban the ownership of specifics, and ffls can still sell out of state or to police? Then we have the list of allowed handguns for sale here as well I guess

That was my understanding

yup, as soon as i can go to a gun shop and buy a "mass compliant" AK off the shelf

oh? what's that? no dealer in the state will touch an AR or AK (for we non-LEO types) after Maura's "interpretation?" gee... seems like her non-law had the desired effect.
AKs were already banned before Maura’s BS. Dealers were just ignorant and decided that Maura had to make them stop when in reality, they were breaking the law for years.

No dealer will touch an AR for non LEO? Is that a joke?

It's predominantly Democrat. The house is 46d to 19r. Their senate is 35d to 12r.

So there were 3 abstentions. How many of the ones voting against it were Dems who had permission to in order to protect their seat if it's in a tight race? Did any Dem vote against because of actual convictions?

So there were 3 abstentions. How many of the ones voting against it were Dems who had permission to in order to protect their seat if it's in a tight race? Did any Dem vote against because of actual convictions?
I have no clue what they are doing over there. It's hard enough to keep track of FL and MA!

[rofl]

oh? what's that? no dealer in the state will touch an AR or AK (for we non-LEO types) after Maura's "interpretation?"
You sir need to get out more. Jesus Christ. I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’ve never visited the mill or know what the mill is

Do you only shop at Four Seasons or something?

AKs were already banned before Maura’s BS. Dealers were just ignorant and decided that Maura had to make them stop when in reality, they were breaking the law for years.
Which is why I bought my zastava pap brand new and transferred it thru 4 seasons back in 2011?

Maura didn't ban anything. Her edict was just a scare tactic geared towards MA chicken little gun shops who pee themselves as much as your regular NES member.

Which is why I bought my zastava pap brand new and transferred it thru 4 seasons back in 2011?
Yes, because the actual AWB (not Maura’s edict) bans all models of AKs. The fact that many dealers were unaware of that doesn’t change the law.
Maura didn't ban anything. Her edict was just a scare tactic geared towards MA chicken little gun shops who pee themselves as much as your regular NES member.
Agreed, which is why I said Maura’s edict didn’t ban anything.

Exactly! I called Carl out at the deli ticket emporium when it happened and he went full retart on me and even called me out in his weekly newsletter. I had the last laugh though when the Mill started selling. Sent him a follow up email and I got crickets from him. Don’t think I’m welcome there anymore.

You sir need to get out more. Jesus Christ. I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’ve never visited the mill or know what the mill is

Do you only shop at Four Seasons or something?
i've bought 4 glocks at the mill in the last 3 weeks and talked to several dealers up there. so, guess you don't know as much as you think you do.

If you know someone at the mill who'll sell me a post ban AK, PM me

Last edited:
Yes, because the actual AWB (not Maura’s edict) bans all models of AKs. The fact that many dealers were unaware of that doesn’t change the law.

Agreed, which is why I said Maura’s edict didn’t ban anything.
No the MA AWB specially banned "Avtomat Kalashnikov" and "Colt CAR15" rifles, among others, by NAME. Because of this, the ban did not pertain to any of the copies or duplicates of those baseline platforms...hence why people were still buying AK "variants" and Colt CAR 15 "variants" long after the AWB and long before Maura's edict - in which hers specifically and purposely went after those "copies" and "duplicates" of the originals named in the MA AWB.

Four Seasons did not mistakely transfer me a Zastava PAP because they "didn't know". It was transferred to me because since it was not an actual "Avtomat Kalashnikov" rifle - only a variant of the original platform - it was and still is totally legal to do so.

Last edited:
No the MA AWB specially banned "Avtomat Kalashnikov" and "Colt CAR15" rifles, among others, by NAME. Because of this, the ban did not pertain to any of the copies or duplicates of those baseline platforms...hence why people were still buying AK "variants" and Colt CAR 15 "variants" long after the AWB and long before Maura's edict - in which hers specifically and purposely went after those "copies" and "duplicates" of the originals named in the MA AWB.

Four Seasons did not mistakely transfer me a Zastava PAP because they "didn't know". It was transferred to me because since it was not an actual "Avtomat Kalashnikov" rifle - only a variant of the original platform - it was and still is totally legal to do so.
Have you even read the MA AWB? It says:

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC–70); (iv) Colt AR–15;

As you can see, it enumerates ALL AK models as assault weapons, whereas only Colt ARs are banned. That’s why you can have non-Colt AR-15s that aren’t copies or duplicates, but the same is not true for AKs.

Have you even read the MA AWB? It says:

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC–70); (iv) Colt AR–15;

As you can see, it enumerates ALL AK models as assault weapons, whereas only Colt ARs are banned. That’s why you can have non-Colt AR-15s that aren’t copies or duplicates, but the same is not true for AKs.
No when it says "all models", the bill is enumerating all models or variants specifically attached to the original Avtomat Kalashnikov (Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, AKS, AKM, etc etc), not every AK variant or copy produced by a separate entity (Cugir, Zastava, Arsenal, Norinco, etc)

Maybe we should start passing laws against abortions that use scalpels or ultrasounds. You know, because no one NEEDS those things to have an abortion.

Back
Top Bottom