Colorado House Democrats Pass Bill Banning AR-15s and 9mm Pistols with Threaded Barrels

Reptile

NES Member
Colorado House Democrats passed “assault weapons” ban legislation Sunday to prohibit the sale of AR-15s and certain 9mm pistols.

On March 20, 2024, Breitbart News reported that the legislation, HB24-1292, bans 9mm pistols that have threaded barrels and accept a detachable magazine.

Moreover, the text of HB24-1292 makes clear that a semiautomatic handgun of any caliber would be banned if it takes a detachable magazine and has a threaded barrel.

The ban also targets semiautomatic handguns that do not take a detachable magazine by making clear that any such handgun that “may be readily modified to accept a detachable magazine” is banned as well.

Colorado Public Radio noted that the ban passed the House Sunday on a vote of 35 to 27.

State Rep. Ken DeGraaf (R) argued that the focus should be on ascertaining why people do not value life instead of guns.

DeGraaf said, “We should probably get to a point where we look at why communities don’t value life.”

Colorado House Democrats passed “assault weapons” ban legislation Sunday to prohibit the sale of AR-15s and certain 9mm pistols.

On March 20, 2024, Breitbart News reported that the legislation, HB24-1292, bans 9mm pistols that have threaded barrels and accept a detachable magazine.

Moreover, the text of HB24-1292 makes clear that a semiautomatic handgun of any caliber would be banned if it takes a detachable magazine and has a threaded barrel.

The ban also targets semiautomatic handguns that do not take a detachable magazine by making clear that any such handgun that “may be readily modified to accept a detachable magazine” is banned as well.

Colorado Public Radio noted that the ban passed the House Sunday on a vote of 35 to 27.

State Rep. Ken DeGraaf (R) argued that the focus should be on ascertaining why people do not value life instead of guns.

DeGraaf said, “We should probably get to a point where we look at why communities don’t value life.”

Let's look at one positive ... maybe the lawsuit will start sooner and we don't need to wait for MA to pass this BS.

Buddy that works for the same company kept trying to get me to move to CO for a few years. Some basic research told me it was a bad idea.
Not many places to shoot, all land outside the city is private, not many shooting competitions, and I was reading the laws and where they were heading and I thought I was better off in MA. The place is infested with people voting for stupid sh*t.

If I want to see mountains NH is a better place to move to.

I knew parts of Colorado were quite liberal but I didn't realize the state was as bad as Ma.

Oh yeah. You get a bunch of city-dwellers that have never even seen a gun or wildlife that want to have an opinion on the future of rights in an area.

I recall many MANY years ago. We're talking 25 or so years ago. Two of my uncles talking at a party. "And they're giving away an AR-15 if you take out a mortgage at this bank. No one needs an AR-15. I mean, do you need to fire a bunch of shots at a deer or something? No. They should just be banned."

They were misinformed and clueless. They'd lived in Boston their entire lives and assumed that only cops and bad-guys owned guns. (Except for one uncle's best friend who was half-connected and had a CCW and wore a J-frame in a shoulder holster everywhere.)

These are teh same people that want to ban hunting in their states but are clueless about Huge Dingle and Pittman Robertson funds that actually FUND all the hiking trails and parking areas to put their stupid kayaks into a river and such. They have NO idea that gun owners fund 100% of that. And if they get rid of gun owners, the $ goes. . . BYE BYE!

Let's look at one positive ... maybe the lawsuit will start sooner and we don't need to wait for MA to pass this BS.

Buddy that works for the same company kept trying to get me to move to CO for a few years. Some basic research told me it was a bad idea.
Not many places to shoot, all land outside the city is private, not many shooting competitions, and I was reading the laws and where they were heading and I thought I was better off in MA. The place is infested with people voting for stupid sh*t.

If I want to see mountains NH is a better place to move to.
Im still debating it, but im definitely hesitant.

Bans the sale or transfer of all Semi Automatic Firearms. I can't see that standing up to legal review.

The Colorado House of Representatives, controlled by Democrats, passed a bill on Sunday that aims to ban the sale and transfer of semiautomatic firearms, marking a significant legislative move that could align Colorado with other states that have similar prohibitions, according to ABC News. The bill, which was approved by a 35-27 vote, now heads to the Democratic-majority state Senate.
This legislative push comes a year after a nearly identical proposal was rejected by Democrats, citing concerns about the scope of the ban and commitments to their constituents to avoid excessive government intervention. The bill’s journey through the Senate is anticipated to be challenging despite the Democratic majority, as Colorado has historically been a battleground state with a mixed political heritage.

Possibly. What can certainly help MA is the dumb voters of Oregon pushing for the standard cap mag ban via a ballot initiative. It's failing hard in the court system and could end mag bans for everyone.
It’s in the state courts though, not federal. It would only help if it went up to SCOTUS, and I doubt SCOTUS takes it up.

The only thing that’s going to help MA is to GTFO of MA. It’s never going to change there. SCOTUS could rule all gun control is unconstitutional with penalties of jail time and they would create more more more. They don’t care. More importantly, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU.

The only thing that’s going to help MA is to GTFO of MA. It’s never going to change there. SCOTUS could rule all gun control is unconstitutional with penalties of jail time and they would create more more more. They don’t care. More importantly, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU.
At that point they have a choice to make.

Back
Top Bottom