CMP pratice

mac1911

NES Member
I have been ahooting pellet guns since I can remember . We could not shoot the real guns until we could shoot 1” groups with the red ryder at 15’ . Prone in the basement.

I dont get much practice on the M1 , M1a , AR , 1903 or other CMP games rifles so….
Its really the only practice I get.
I use a old daisy 853 single pump .177 with match sights. Running the 25ft pellet gun target out to 10M

Its not a perfect size but close enough. Im just trying to keep them in the black. IMG_4530.jpeg

Last edited:
My 'go to' for CMP practice is the Springfield M1A under-lever pellet rifle, seen below with a real one:

article-an-m1a-for-199-2.jpg

Actually mine has a slightly less chunky looking stock. It's a good surrogate for M1's and of course M1A's. Weight is about the same. Seems to have decent velocity as the 22 cal pellets were destroying my basement pellet trap. Pounded the pellet trap back into shape and filled it with window screen, which is what they fill archery target bags with. For targets I use the black dots from Shoot-N-See splatter targets.

I have been ahooting pellet guns since I can remember . We could not shoot the real guns until we could shoot 1” groups with the res ryder at 15’ . Prone in the basement.

I dont get much practice on the M1 , M1a , AR , 1903 or other CMP games rifles so….
Its really the only practice I get.
I use a old daisy 853 single pump .177 with match sights. Running the 25ft pellet gun target out to 10M

Its not a perfect size but close enough. Im just trying to keep them in the black. View attachment 876831
By the way, that grass is already looking good.

Next house I want a small patch of grass in front that I'll maintain like Augusta National Golf Course. The rest can go to hell. [laugh]

Back to pellet rifles. As a kid I dragged around my Sheridan 20 cal everywhere. Fun to shoot every once in a while, nice trigger. That's the only neg for the M1A pellet rifle. Trigger is so-so. Not awful but wish it was better.

Back
Top Bottom