Cleaning man town

I found a stripped lower in my safe about a month ago. I always used to read people's notes on finding something they had forgotten and would scoff, wondering how they could forget some of these things, but now I understand; I blame the aging process.

Btw, in for the karma of the ammo! :)

Needed some room on a closet floor down under the basement stairs, opened an ammo can that was at the bottom of a pile in the closet, hadn't been opened since I moved here in 93 probably, lots of odds and end firearms parts and pieces, a box with the original grips off my Colt .357 wheel gun and another box that my .25 FIE came in , opened the FIE box and there was a nicely folded crisp $100 dollar bill tucked in there. Probably more than I paid for the .25 new in the early 80's . I love found money!!!! Probably stashed it after I bought the .25 and was hiding my overtime money for new guns.

I had to move a bunch of stuff around when a pipe burst. I'm still finding random stuff in random places.
I have not been in my understair crawl space in 12+ years I could not tell you what's in there. I came across 4 22s I needed to check my paper work to see if they where mine. Weird thing is I have FA10s for them but the names or when I I got these are a complete loss in the old noggin? Fun stuff.
I bought them years ago must have thought good project guns. I know I have a lower somewhere berried in the mess down stairs. FA10 when I had a carbine

Found a Pelican case underneath a workbench that I do not remember buying. Went to move it and it was heavy! Opened and discovered 10 100 round boxes of Winchester white boxes of 230 grain 45 ACP FMJ. I'll wait bit for the temp to rise before eating that up.

I also find random motorcycle parts in the oddest places, small stuff. Like a pair of hiway pegs or a clutch lever or a taillight lens. Open a box or a drawer in the garage or basement and God knows why there is a part for something I haven't owned since the 70's in with a box of books. Don't know or can't understand why it isn't in the milk crates with all the other parts.

I find stuff all the time, I thought it was an old man problem. my 3 best ones...during the .22 shortage a while ago, I was rooting around the bottom of a closet for something and found 2 1/2 cases of cci green tag. I use to use that when I shot gbpl years ago. next, I won $500 in a work pool and jammed the 5 $100 bills down inside a progresso bread crumb container for safe keeping. forgot about it and found it over a year later while investigating if the bread crumbs were still good to use. good thing I didn't just toss it. and found 2 guns tucked way back on the bottom shelf of my safe I bought in the 90's and forgot about. they were a sig 220 and ruger nm Blackhawk .45 colt. score!

The old man problem is I think I have "Sometimers" because sometimes I remember where i put stuff and sometimes I just buy another one cause I have no idea where I put anything anymore, and after an hour of searching for it I give up,by a new part then 3 days later find the old part when your not looking for it anymore. Anyone need a primary chain for an 83 HD FLHTC. New in the box!

I cleaned my safe awhile back and found a brand new in bag BCG....was very excited

I thought this was going to be a thread about manscaping. [rofl2]

I've not been where I am long enough (yet) to loose and rediscover things. More often its "I know I bought [item] so where the fark is it??"

I closed the door, opened it again, and found another rabbit. I've heard about pulling a rabbit out of a hat; but a gun safe?

t

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
Found a rabbit.

t

I imagine you must take inventory of the fur balls before you lock everything up.

My favorite find was a set of Winchokes that had been missing since the move from Tennessee. Found them at the bottom of a milsurp ammo can that had been stored separately from all the other ammo cans because it didn't have anything ammo related in it. Took about 5 years to find the chokes, LOL.

The old man problem is I think I have "Sometimers" because sometimes I remember where i put stuff and sometimes I just buy another one cause I have no idea where I put anything anymore, and after an hour of searching for it I give up,by a new part then 3 days later find the old part when your not looking for it anymore. Anyone need a primary chain for an 83 HD FLHTC. New in the box!
Thats CRS lol lol

Maddawg1952 said
a part for something I haven't owned since the 70's

It's the 70's! Finding stuff from then in strange places is SOP. Hell, I don't remember much after April 1 1970.

Maddawg1952 said
and sometimes I just buy another one cause I have no idea where I put anything

LOL! That's why I have 3 VOM meters. Want to guess how long I had to look for ONE of them recently? I still have not found my wiggy.

Back
Top Bottom