Christmas Story Red Ryders

paulleve

NES Member
It's getting to be that time of year when we all look forward to little Ralphie Parker getting warned, "You'll shoot your eye out!" I've got a small collection of Christmas Dream Red Ryders that includes originals and commemorative issues. Rather than trying to post a bunch of pics and lots of text in a forum post, I put them together into a webpage: Christmas Story Red Ryders

Here are a few pics:

CS1a.jpg

There have been seven models of the Christmas Dream produced by Daisy, and four of them are shown here. Starting from the top and working down, this picture shows:
1. 2020 "Christmas Wish" Walmart exclusive
2. 2003 20th Anniversary Commemorative
3. 1984 in box
4. 1983 cardboard and cellophane packaging

CS2a.jpg

These are two originals that were released in 1983 (bottom) and 1984 (top). They were only made for two years, and there are probably as many fakes on the market as there are original survivors!

Last edited:
I’m named Ralph and I use it as an excuse to give all my nieces and nephews a red rider bb gun on their 13 birthday without asking their parents.

When the 2020 Christmas wish came out I bought a few extras. My one year old nephew got one for Christmas last year, but I think his parents are going to store it for a few more years before giving it to him!

Last edited:
It's getting to be that time of year when we all look forward to little Ralphie Parker getting warned, "You'll shoot your eye out!" I've got a small collection of Christmas Dream Red Ryders that includes originals and commemorative issues. Rather than trying to post a bunch of pics and lots of text in a forum post, I put them together into a webpage: Christmas Story Red Ryders

Here are a few pics:

View attachment 815479

There have been seven models of the Christmas Dream produced by Daisy, and four of them are shown here. Starting from the top and working down, this picture shows:
1. 2020 "Christmas Wish" Walmart exclusive
2. 2003 20th Anniversary Commemorative
3. 1984 in box
4. 1983 cardboard and cellophane packaging

View attachment 815478

These are two originals that were released in 1983 (bottom) and 1984 (top). They were only made for two years, and there are probably as many fakes on the market as there are original survivors!
What about the lamp? You need the lamp to go with the Red Ryders[rofl]

I have one from the 50s or 60s I think. And one from a few years ago.
Shoots better and hits harder than the newer one, and easier to cock

The Daisy Museum now has 40th Anniversary Christmas Dream Red Ryders available to order. There are 1100 produced and each is individually numbered. Cost is $80 with around $30 shipping.

Here's a picture of the stock taken from the Daisy website. This time around the compass and sundial are on the right side of the stock, which is accurate the the props used in A Christmas Story. (Ralphie was a lefty and they didn't want the compass and sundial covered up in the few scenes it appeared in.)

image017-1Full Stock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom